Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcome back London Irish!

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Welcome back London Irish! Also happy birthday Kevin Ticehurst's boyfriend! :jester:

londonirish.jpg

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
what have you got against Unhappo?

:jester:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Somebody reads Nsc and Penguin gets all excited.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Well done. He only came back to make sure that we were still talking about him. And now we are!

We talked about LI leaving NSC for longer than we talked about McGoo leaving the club.

Les Biehn said:

Because he had opinions and was prepared to explain and argue them in an adult manner. That created discussion, conflict and interest and I think that is probably the most important aspect of a message board. Alright so he could be a condecending arse sometimes but he only did it to get on peoples nerves, and many of those people probably deserved it. As I say, like him or hate him he was interesting to read and he always provoked debate and response.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Lokki 7 said:
Because he had opinions and was prepared to explain and argue them in an adult manner. That created discussion, conflict and interest and I think that is probably the most important aspect of a message board. Alright so he could be a condecending arse sometimes but he only did it to get on peoples nerves, and many of those people probably deserved it. As I say, like him or hate him he was interesting to read and he always provoked debate and response.

I concur.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Lokki 7 said:

He did provoke debate and response, he was prepared to explain his opinions. The trouble was he wasn't willing to listen to anyone elses, he would lie to win an argument, he passed off his own opinions as fact while ripping into anyone else who did the same and generally didn't seem to understand the tactical side of football.

Yet for some strange reason he is held in high regard by a minority on here. Mainly those that never disagreed with him or only came on the board after he started modifying his behaviour.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Apart from his annoying insistence on having the last word, he was OK. Shit judge of the game / tactics/ players he was watching mind you, but no worse than any other of the non-cognoscenti.

Still, at least we're all talking about him, eh? NSC's answer to Julie Burchill. Talked bolleaux, but talked it ENTERTAININGLY and left the crowd wanting more. Bless. :lol:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
It just stuns me that people like Lokki and Doug, who I generally regard as two of the more intelligent posters on here, were unable to see the disengenuous bullshit that guy would slip into his posts, masquerading it as the truth.

Les Biehn said:

Yet for some strange reason he is held in high regard by a minority on here.

I would suggest it is in fact a majority.
(No, please don't start a poll)

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Lokki 7 said:
I would suggest it is in fact a majority.
(No, please don't start a poll)

I'm not so sure, I know a lot of people who really were fed up with being talked to like a piece of shit by that bloke.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It didn't matter if it was the truth or bullshit, it sparked discussion. So much better that the "Would You?" type of thread we seem to get so much of these days.

Les Biehn said:
It just stuns me that people like Lokki and Doug, who I generally regard as two of the more intelligent posters on here, were unable to see the disengenuous bullshit that guy would slip into his posts, masquerading it as the truth.

Maybe we did see it for what it was but enjoyed it, and the response it got. As I said, he made the board more interesting. Unlike some, I do not take internet message boards too seriously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here