Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Welbeck

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Very much so. MacAllister was far more effective than Bissouma….. Naylor said Bissouma had a cold all week, his ankle was strapped as well.

The Scottish “hardness” of Mac has come out in the last few games. Great to see, he took a while to settle and slot in

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The Scottish “hardness” of Mac has come out in the last few games. Great to see, he took a while to settle and slot in

I think him signing a new contract is more important than Bissouma - (ducks for cover), he offers the team more and is proficient in multiple positions.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think him signing a new contract is more important than Bissouma - (ducks for cover), he offers the team more and is proficient in multiple positions.

The Bissouma departure has been quite apparent for ages, so I've written him off for next season. Couldn't agree more about Ali Mac who is quite clearly for me the most improved player this season, and made it into my top three for the PotS.
Signing Ali Mac, Tross and Welbeck are the most important bits of business we could do this transfer window.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

It is more realistic at least. But even in the case of Ali Mac, he is getting close to the level of performance where his agent could quite rightfully say "you're an idiot if you sign a new deal with Brighton". Unfortunately.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It is more realistic at least. But even in the case of Ali Mac, he is getting close to the level of performance where his agent could quite rightfully say "you're an idiot if you sign a new deal with Brighton". Unfortunately.

I don't buy that. Yesterday we were discussing player/contract scenarios and unless its top 4-6 or a big euro, where's better? We are up there.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I don't buy that. Yesterday we were discussing player/contract scenarios and unless its top 4-6 or a big euro, where's better? We are up there.

There are a large chunk who will pay more wages than us. If he can’t get top 6 that’ll be what matters. No chance he’ll be with us next season

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

That is a fair comment, but equally we are now a top 10 team - I guess the trouble could be wages, and the agents percentage.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There are a large chunk who will pay more wages than us. If he can’t get top 6 that’ll be what matters. No chance he’ll be with us next season
No chance ?

What happens if he is one of the players that we have an undeclared option on an additional year ?

I suggest there is at least some chance.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The Bissouma departure has been quite apparent for ages, so I've written him off for next season. Couldn't agree more about Ali Mac who is quite clearly for me the most improved player this season, and made it into my top three for the PotS.
Signing Ali Mac, Tross and Welbeck are the most important bits of business we could do this transfer window.

yep, with Caicedo and a bench of decent midfielders, we'll move on without Bissouma. MacAllister is probably most important, such a threat in the centre. Welbeck is such a good player on and off ball we'd be daft not to re-sign

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
yep, with Caicedo and a bench of decent midfielders, we'll move on without Bissouma. MacAllister is probably most important, such a threat in the centre. Welbeck is such a good player on and off ball we'd be daft not to re-sign

I think equally DW would be daft not to sign, we've got him fit firing and seemingly enjoying his football.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I think equally DW would be daft not to sign, we've got him fit firing and seemingly enjoying his football.

He very obviously loves it here and we’ve all very obviously falling in love with him. Will be so delighted if he stays. He’s just such a lovely footballer, hardworking, elegant, humble. Yea he misses chances but some of his build up play and finishes have been world class of late. He’d be very hard to replace.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I’ve said it before Welbeck has been the main catalyst for our form over the last 10 games. IMO this is the first time in his 2 years here that he has looked 100% fit. This is the proof of what this team looks like with a top 10 quality EPL striker leading the line. I like Maupay but he can’t lead the line.
A few people had been mentioning the need for one for a couple of seasons now if anyone missed that debate…..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here