Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welbeck or Carroll

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Wellbeck for me. Carroll's goal was excellently taken, but apart from that he was a liability on Friday.

Wellbeck has pace and guile, which is where the Ukranian defence looked vulnerable against France.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Wellbeck, Rooney and Young's interplay was not effective enough to prevent Manchester United's early exits from two European competitions in the season just gone.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Wellbeck for me. Carroll's goal was excellently taken, but apart from that he was a liability on Friday.

Wellbeck has pace and guile, which is where the Ukranian defence looked vulnerable against France.
I tend to agree. Carroll was a disaster in the second half. He didn't win a single header in the Swedish half of the pitch. On the other hand, he did help out defensively but I have to say that isn't what he is there to do...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I tend to agree. Carroll was a disaster in the second half. He didn't win a single header in the Swedish half of the pitch. On the other hand, he did help out defensively but I have to say that isn't what he is there to do...

'helped out' defensively, insofar as he gave away a needless free kick, with a desperate lunge, that gave away Sweden's first goal, and let them back into the game...?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I actually thought Welbeck and Carroll both had similar games although you always feel that Carroll is more liable to do something stupid but that's just the gangly factor.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
i'd drop young and put rooney in, Its England and not Utd, England play completely different.

Also if the utd trio were to play, it wouldn't be to hard to scout what they do, start with the unknown imo

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
this..... Carrol for me..... 1 accurate gerrard delivery again and smack....... 1-0

Doesn't he have the worse accuracy of headed attempts in the PL for last season? He got one good goal, don't get carried away. Welbeck has to start with Rooney, for me.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Carroll for me, I think he's really the obvious choice for Rooney to be playing off.

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
Welbeck. They are a bit racist in the Ukraine, some of them, and won't like facing a black player. Also, their training must consist of hour after hour of defending Shevchenko headers so they might be OK against Carrol.

I'd probably leave Rooney out- changing a winning team and all that- but Hodgson had said he will play so fair enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here