Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weirdest film you have ever seen.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
For me it has to be Eraserhead. A film so monumentally weird but also with stark imagery and sound anyone that has ever watch it will never forget it.

A landmark of the expression of Cinema. I will find the pencil scene that explains the title of the film, well sort of.

Before I clicked the thread title, Eraserhead came to mind. David Lynch takes weird a whole new level. Good shout US.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Hostel and Human Centipede movies are well up there... but, and I don't know if it has been mentioned cos I don't remember the name of it, but that one where some mutant form of humanoids turn people inside out and gorge on them... one f***ing weird movie!

Bad Taste.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
The Final Programme AKA The Last Days of Man on Earth (1973), from a book by Michael Moorcock.

Will have to find this. MM's books offer interesting subject matter. One of them explored the idea that baby Jesus was brought to Earth by an Alien, sounds naff but he makes the story compelling and not crackpot.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Bad Taste.

Is that the name or your opinion?

Edit: Just googled it, no it isn't that. They have a party and all look normal then start putting their hands into normal people's bodies and start turning them inside out and stuff... all gets a bit gooey and is rather distasteful!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Society.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
http://366weirdmovies.com/366weirdmovies-top-10-weird-movie-lists-the-second-pass

Just looking at this list.

Has anyone seen Inland Empire? Is it anygood?

I may have to indulge myself in some Lynch.

Inland Empire is one of the few films I didn't finish watching. Not good, not bad just tedious. I even finished watching The Net with Sandra Bullock! What a terrible film that is.

Edit: That said I have just read a review of Inland Empire and I don't remember getting to the bit with people wearing rabbit heads, so I might have another go at it.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Hell comes to Frogtown

Not your typical, Biological warfare / Mutant / Women in control B movie, that's for sure !

Edit: Only for the serious B movie buff

I seem to remember the king of the frogs had three peni and he used these lengthy rods cobraically to hypnotise a human dame.
A Rowdy Roddy Piper classic and truly entertainingly awful from start to finish.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I think i may need to watch Mannequin again to understand how that Egyptian princess became a clothes horse and survived over 2000 years before finding love and being turned human again, partly with the aid of a gay designer with triangular-shaped spectacles.
In that same sort of era, and another film really rather bad, Earth Girls Are Easy was a strange outing.

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
Cant believe nobody has mentioned Requiem for a dream. one of the strangest films ive ever seen, thought it was absolutely terrible.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Another David Lynch one. The Grandmother. One of his student films or something.

Reeeeeaaaaalllly weird.

rosscrudos

Mar 17, 2008
We are of one accord. Saw and the like? No thanks.

It's a shame that the first Saw film gets tarred by the shitty brush due to it's sequels. The original film is excellent.

In terms of weird films; Street Trash: A film about tramps melting when they drink some dodgy liquor.

Despite sounding amazing, apart from the first 10 mins, it's actually quite dull!

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
For me its Funny Games - found that very strange. But I have added lots of other peoples suggestions to Sky Never Miss now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here