Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weirdest film you have ever seen.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Is that the one where she has teeth up her beaver?

If not then im extremely sorry. :(

Yes it is.

Teeth is a 2007 horror film written and directed by Mitchell Lichtenstein, about a teenage girl who has teeth in her vagina. It premiered January 19, 2007 at the 2007 Sundance Film Festival in the independent drama category. It was released on DVD in the United States on May 6, 2007, by Dimension Extreme.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
For me it has to be Eraserhead. A film so monumentally weird but also with stark imagery and sound anyone that has ever watch it will never forget it.

A landmark of the expression of Cinema. I will find the pencil scene that explains the title of the film, well sort of.

I have that waiting on my sky plus.

Anyone seen the Human Centipede film's ?

I saw the first, and was rather bored by it. The majority of that film is actually quite dull

The one's that seem to have all the notoriety are

Cannibal Holocaust
A Serbian Film
Salo

Not seen any and no intention too as they from what I have read are pushing " art " into an unacceptable level.

Salo is banned JB you naughty boy. The director was murdered shortly after making the film. I have read about it and it sounds GRIM.

I've seen Salo and A Serbian Film. I rented both through lovefilm, so I don't think Salo is banned any more. I found the european language and the subtitles made the films seem classier than they would have been in English.

Can we have an honourable mention for Bad Boy Bubby.

Seconded!

The Mist was a strange one. Large parts just totally WTF but the end scene blew me away.

Spoiler Alert!

If I was you then I'd stay away from The Serbian Film. You get to a point where you think "WHAT THE f*** AM I WATCHING?"

For a lot of people it's watching a new born child being raped, or the when he shags a guy in his eye socket until he dies.

I don't know if it's just the version I watched, but that was more "watching someone on screen's reaction as they watched a video of a new born being raped".

Looking at some of the films suggested, I'm wondering how people are defining weird. Some are just complex concept movies, others just violent.

The films that came to my mind (bad boy bubby already mentioned)

Visitor Q (bring an umbrella!)
Ichi the Killer (little frail man removing his coat!)
The Happiness of the Katakuris (billed as the texas chainsaw massacre meets the sound of music)
I suppose a lot of Takashi Miike's stuff, really.

Revenge of Billy the Kid (farmer has sex with a goat and the resulting mangoat is very murderous)

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have that waiting on my sky plus.

I saw the first, and was rather bored by it. The majority of that film is actually quite dull

I've seen Salo and A Serbian Film. I rented both through lovefilm, so I don't think Salo is banned any more. I found the european language and the subtitles made the films seem classier than they would have been in English.

Seconded!

Spoiler Alert!

I don't know if it's just the version I watched, but that was more "watching someone on screen's reaction as they watched a video of a new born being raped".

Looking at some of the films suggested, I'm wondering how people are defining weird. Some are just complex concept movies, others just violent.

The films that came to my mind (bad boy bubby already mentioned)

Visitor Q (bring an umbrella!)
Ichi the Killer (little frail man removing his coat!)
The Happiness of the Katakuris (billed as the texas chainsaw massacre meets the sound of music)
I suppose a lot of Takashi Miike's stuff, really.

Revenge of Billy the Kid (farmer has sex with a goat and the resulting mangoat is very murderous)

If you hired Salo and A Serbian Film though lovefilm they would have been heavy edited.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If you hired Salo and A Serbian Film though lovefilm they would have been heavy edited.

Nope. BFI | Features | Sal and censorship - a history

Salò was formally resubmitted to the BBFC by the bfi in October 2000. This submission came shortly after the BBFC had published a new set of classification guidelines, in September 2000, themselves the result of a major process of public consultation. The Board had stated in its News Release when launching these guidelines that the BBFC would no longer intervene with material for adult viewing unless the material in question was either illegal or genuinely likely to be harmful.

The Board was satisfied that Salò was neither illegal nor harmful within the terms of its new guidelines and therefore agreed to classify the film '18' uncut for cinema exhibition on 16 November 2000. The film had been viewed by a number of examiners at the Board, as well as by the Board's Director, Robin Duval, and its President, Andreas Whittam Smith. The film was subsequently submitted for video classification by the bfi and was awarded an '18' uncut certificate for video and DVD release soon after on 19 December 2000.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I'm not convinced Acker.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Is Man Bite's Dog any good ? Never seen it.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
1980 The Gods Must Be Crazy

Coke bottle got thrown from plane. Hilarious but weird, watch it all

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
City Rats.

It's a horrible film. I don't know what message it's trying to get across. Eight different lives in London from drug-taking, suicide, rape and prostitution; every taboo shown. Definitely Danny Dyer's worst film.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Funny games - found it very disturbing , horrible & uncomfortable film to watch

The original German one? I bloody LOVE that film. Like reading American Psycho or The Exorcist novels, it blew me away. Haneke took me on a ride and I was helpless! Superb!

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Lourdes. Literally no speaking in it.

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
Feed - A fim about food and sexual fetishes - would be good if it wasn't so badly shot.
Inside - a really graphic horror about pregnant ladies and shizz.

Both fairly weird films by all accounts.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The Hostel and Human Centipede movies are well up there... but, and I don't know if it has been mentioned cos I don't remember the name of it, but that one where some mutant form of humanoids turn people inside out and gorge on them... one f***ing weird movie!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here