Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weirdest film you have ever seen.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This. I simply do not understand why such a film was made...

I agree BDB. I am against censorship but I think on this occassion the director is ill and should receive some help.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
For me it has to be Eraserhead. A film so monumentally weird but also with stark imagery and sound anyone that has ever watch it will never forget it.

A landmark of the expression of Cinema. I will find the pencil scene that explains the title of the film, well sort of.

Totaly this!!

Before I even opened the thread I was thinking Eraserhead.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
This. I simply do not understand why such a film was made...

for exactly this reason. if millions of people talk about it, thousands of people will see it and the people involved will make much more money than their crappy movie deserves...

"Dave your movie sucks so let's put a baby rape scene in it and send a copy to the daily mail..."

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I posted a while back about a film called Bubba Ho Tep. It stars the legendary B movie star Bruce Campbell as an elderly Elvis Pessley in a retirement home who has to do battle against an ancient Egyptian mummy. Very strange but very good.
Also napoleon dynamite, nothing really happens in it. It's stupid but gentle and funny.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Hard Candy

Been tempted to watch this TB and it has the superb Ellen Page in it. The thing is from what I have read it manages to do the impossible thing in making the audience feel sorry for the Paedophile which is a bad judgement call. The Woodsman is a balanced film and is a very good and brave role choice from Kevin Bacon.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
David Cronenberg films getting quite a mention.

Videodrome comes to mind.

"Now where shall I keep my gun?"

2130766345_10eabc75ba.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Totaly this!!

Before I even opened the thread I was thinking Eraserhead.

I am still to be convinced anyone has disproved Eraserhead to be the weirdest film ever made.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I watched Tree of Life which is weird but has some of the greatest imagery I have ever seen in cinema. Basically about the universe and our role in it with religious overtones. Stunning in places.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Sexy Beast is too mainstream for me. Blair Witch, tame but a decent idea not very well executed apart from the final scene as I said.

Your Nick is Uncle Spielberg but Sexy Beast is too mainstream for you? This is not scanning for me.

Loved Sexy Beast

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Your Nick is Uncle Spielberg but Sexy Beast is too mainstream for you? This is not scanning for me.

Loved Sexy Beast

I love Spielberg but the weirdest film he made was AI imo.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Can we have an honourable mention for Bad Boy Bubby.

I loved Cronenberg and David Lynch films and have seen most of them, what fantastic imaginations they both have.

I am wondering why I have never seen Eraserhead having spent much of my teenage years exploring the wierd world of David Lynch!

Must set the record straight and find it immediately.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Mist was a strange one. Large parts just totally WTF but the end scene blew me away. The shooting of the family when seeing the f*** off beast and then the mist clearing and the Army coming in a few seconds later. HEADFUCK !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDBaHK7WYTo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here