Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weekly Wages...

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
First of all Happy New Year !!

Does anyone know what our players are earning per week. I have heard loads of rumours and no doubt I'm in for more now but does anyone know what are players are earning per week. Some will be on League 1 contracts still no doubt and I heard CMS is on £13k per week

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011

Does anyone know what our players are earning per week. I have heard loads of rumours and no doubt I'm in for more now but does anyone know what are players are earning per week. Some will be on League 1 contracts still no doubt and I heard CMS is on £13k per week

I'm on £425 a week :down:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
There are only rumours as to what they are earning, no one knows for sure as it is not public information and rightly so, and it's the same as for anyone else in employment, it's all confidential.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
There are only rumours as to what they are earning, no one knows for sure as it is not public information and rightly so, and it's the same as for anyone else in employment, it's all confidential.

There must be a ball park figure out there somewhere...

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Football Manager? Seems to be the main place some on here get their management expertise and information :D

I had to throw it away as it was sucking my life away spent a whole weekend playing it a while back all the same good shout

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Most numbers are guess work. Only the chairman, Managing Director, Club Sec & Player/Player Agent really know. Even Gus won't know full in and outs

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

No, only guess work and speculation. What people get paid is private, regardless of occupation and it's not in the public interest to know what individual footballers are earning either.

Where else can you go and know what everyone / anyone is actually earning in any other line of work? - You can guess by using what others may earn for a similar role elsewhere but you can't be certain.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Who cares? As long as the club/chairman can afford it and it doesn't put the club in any danger. I couldn't give two hoots. I don't ask any fans what they earn. I afford the same respect to those who work for the club.

Like none of the premier league players wages are never discussed in the media... why so agg fella!? happy new year!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

The gap between the haves and have-nots in the game has never been bigger. Never mind differences in skill, strength and fitness, new Mail on Sunday figures reveal that a pay chasm has emerged between players in the Premier League and the Football League that is growing at a frightening pace.

Top-flight earnings have shot up by more than 200 per cent since 2000 despite a world recession, leaving everyone else behind and reaching a level which has raised questions about the game’s financial sustainability.

The new figures show that:

Average Premier League wages have reached £22,353 a week - before lucrative bonuses - or £1.16million a year.
Average Championship earnings are £4,059 a week (£211,068 a year), less than a fifth of players one division above.
In the bottom division, League Two, their weekly pay of £747 is not much more than the national average.
League Two earnings are also 30 times smaller than those in the Premier League.

Read more: Premier League wages FIVE times more than Championship | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Average Championship earnings are £4,059 a week (£211,068 a year) yet everyone suspects them to be on £10 to £20k minimum, usually based on the guesswork logic that if Rooney is being paid £xxxK then surely players from the next division down can't be earning only a couple of £k a week.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Average Championship earnings are £4,059 a week (£211,068 a year) yet everyone suspects them to be on £10 to £20k minimum, usually based on the guesswork logic that if Rooney is being paid £xxxK then surely players from the next division down can't be earning only a couple of £k a week.

Thanks GF this is the kind of stuff I was wondering about rather than a scanned copy of CMS pay slip ala Crespo a few years back.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove

He was signed on 19K but now 22K. We out bid West Ham who offered him 15k. Murray is on 12K at palace and wanted 10K to re-sign for us.....apparently!

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
He was signed on 19K but now 22K. We out bid West Ham who offered him 15k. Murray is on 12K at palace and wanted 10K to re-sign for us.....apparently!

You may be right but I heard that we offered Murray £12k initially but when we found out that we could get CMS we withdrew that offer and offered him a lot less as we wanted the money to use for CMS's wages.

Only what I heard, that may not be true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here