Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weekly Wages...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Most of the cars these guys drive are leased, some through the club and some privately. There are a couple of brokers out there in Internet land that specifically deal with footballers,and arrange insurance as well(as footballers, along with musicians and others have higher premiums due to the levels of personal cover often required), and perhaps they crash more often as well(but that's pure speculation on my behalf)

Fair enough but if he's in a position to be able to just lease a Porsche I still think he's paid too much. I'm guessing such arrangements are not cheap.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Fair enough but if he's in a position to be able to just lease a Porsche I still think he's paid too much. I'm guessing such arrangements are not cheap.

£900-£1K per month a drop in the ocean if your on +£5k a week

scooter1

How soon is now?
When I worked for a car leasing broker a few years back you could get a top spec range rover for around £500 plus vat per month. Start loading it with fat wheels and what not and the price increases, and I think a Boxster was around £800 a month. As you say, a drop in the ocean if your earn 5 grand a week. And I'm sure if you've got a good accountant you can probably get tax breaks for leased cars. I know you can if you lease as a business

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I know for a fact that El-Abd is on £3k a week, CMS is on £5k a week, Greer is on £28k a week, Murray wanted £1k a week to stay, but we only offered £500, and Vicente is on pay per play at £800 per minute. Not sure about the others.

barny6969

Mar 4, 2008
First of all Happy New Year !!

Does anyone know what our players are earning per week. I have heard loads of rumours and no doubt I'm in for more now but does anyone know what are players are earning per week. Some will be on League 1 contracts still no doubt and I heard CMS is on £13k per week

CMS is on £14000 a week
W bridge is on £10000 plus city pay him £70000 a week ,

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
£900-£1K per month a drop in the ocean if your on +£5k a week

Im sure it is. My point is more that Hoskins is a bit part player who has only really shone for a season in L1. If that's all you need to do to be able to afford a Porsche then in my mind something is wrong.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I know for a fact that El-Abd is on £3k a week, CMS is on £5k a week, Greer is on £28k a week, Murray wanted £1k a week to stay, but we only offered £500, and Vicente is on pay per play at £800 per minute. Not sure about the others.

Finally, a sensible post in this thread.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Ha..Greer a bargain at £28k per week

:thumbsup:

Ultimately, nobody actually knows. A friend of mine saw Liam Bridcutt's payslip once, ironically at a car dealership, and you'd be suprised as to how much he is on but ultimately we're not going to know and rightly so. Nothing good would come of our knowing!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Players wages..... well they have to give up so much eh :lolol:
qowuf8.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
First of all Happy New Year !!

Does anyone know what our players are earning per week. I have heard loads of rumours and no doubt I'm in for more now but does anyone know what are players are earning per week. Some will be on League 1 contracts still no doubt and I heard CMS is on £13k per week

There have been posters who are adamant their source is unquestionable, who claim 22k, others who are adament their source is unquestionable and it's less than half that. Basically, even if people claim to have top notch sources, take whatever they say with a pinch of salt.

Brighton Fan: Murray only left us because Palace offered 18k per week and we only offered 10.
Palace fan: f*** off, Murray's only on 10k a week here, Anyway CMS is on £20k at yours.
Brighton Fan: Oh do f*** off, CMS is on 12 here.
Palace fan: f*** off mate, I know someone at the club he's on at least £23k per week.

Repeat ad nauseum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here