Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wednesday reckon they have sold.................

Downlander

Apr 14, 2011
It still amazes me how people take things on forums so seriously when they are obviously a wind up.

We are wednesday. Relatively big club. Plenty of history. Plenty of potential
You are Brighton. Relatively big club. Perhaps not quite as big a history.But this is even debatable . Equally as much potential.

lets be done with it - to misquote the norwich chairman

& regarding recent post about attendance - your biggest gate of the year was in your "derby". Under 21,000 - your lowest was 18 ish. Which is great. But how many people have bought season tickets to the new ground. Trust me, this will drop off. It always does. Especially if you still find yourself in the championship in 5 years or heaven forbid even lower.

The 16,000 was against stevenage in february (fook me its cold) tuesday night game, during a period where at the time if we were being honest, none of us saw automatic promotion as likely.

I take my hat off to those 16,000.

Oh and by the way. Hillsborough may be old. But it has charm. I'll take that over other peoples giant Meccano sets.

I will wait until friday to make my judgement on your new home. I do hope its better than MK Dons

The Brighton conurbation is the 10th largest in England at about 461,000 and the most densely populated. London, Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Sheffield, Nottingham & Bristol all have to support at least two clubs. The other 2 larger populations are Leeds and Newcastle - one club by name, but in practice are not exactly isolated clubs - which IS the case with Brighton. Brighton has never had the ground to realise the potential of this huge city. But all that has changed! The Amex, with its location, is one of Britains most charismic arenas. The stadium is more 'star trek' than meccano and the ambiance is electric. Last season, the chairman of Crytal Palace returned from the Amex to his Selhurst slum in a complete haze of envy and inadequecy. If you don't admit to the same feelings about Hillsborough your being dishonest.

More to the point is the clubs future? The 15,000 odd of new season ticket holders - locked out of Withdene - including many youngsters and females - are about to become hooked for life, as I did at the Goldstone in the 50's and my sons in the 70's. Both Sheffield clubs have a proud history and reputation - but they, like a few others, represent where English football has come from - Brighton is where football is going! Things will never be the same at Brighton, we'll forevermore be a big club with phenomnial support!

Wtid

Sep 13, 2012
Evening chaps....

A little help required... I'm a Wednesday :)lolol:) fan traveling from London tomorrow... What's the easiest way for me to get to the stadium? I could either arrive in to Brighton station at 6.30 or change at Lewes for Falmer... What would you lot recommend?

All the best (worst!) tomorrow... Looking forward to seeing your shiny new stadium and trying out the foundations with a few bounces.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Evening chaps....

A little help required... I'm a Wednesday :)lolol:) fan traveling from London tomorrow... What's the easiest way for me to get to the stadium? I could either arrive in to Brighton station at 6.30 or change at Lewes for Falmer... What would you lot recommend?

All the best (worst!) tomorrow... Looking forward to seeing your shiny new stadium and trying out the foundations with a few bounces.

Change at Lewes without a doubt. The queuing at Brighton station for stadium trains could be horrendous by 6.30 given the large crowd. Hope you enjoy the AMEX !

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Evening chaps....

Either dude, but would say Lewes as easier!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Evening chaps....

Change at Lewes less time wasted at Brighton station and more time to get a few drinks in at the ground.

Wtid

Sep 13, 2012
Cheers lads - thought Lewes would be easier.

Do they sell beer on the concourse?!

PS- Not all Wednesday fans are obnoxious, after slogging it out at The Withdean for as long as you did deserve credit. Well run football club as well, an example for football clubs across the country. All the best this season (although you have a long way to go until you're as MASSIVE as us ;-))

Wtid

Sep 13, 2012

PS- Not all Wednesday fans are obnoxious, after slogging it out at The Withdean for as long as you did deserve credit. Well run football club as well, an example for football clubs across the country. All the best this season (although you have a long way to go until you're as MASSIVE as us ;-))

Wtid

Sep 13, 2012
And I have a ticket to Brighton from London... My guess is I'll have to pay the extra to Lewes because it's a different line?

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks

Beer on the concourse, including I think a guest local one to you.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
And I have a ticket to Brighton from London... My guess is I'll have to pay the extra to Lewes because it's a different line?

I may be wrong here but as our match tickets include travel to the ground, I guess yours do too. Just get a ticket as far as haywards Heath?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I may be wrong here but as our match tickets include travel to the ground, I guess yours do too. Just get a ticket as far as haywards Heath?

Indeed, away tickets include travel from Haywards Heath, via Brighton or Lewes. Should really have been pointed out to away fans.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Beer sold on the concourse will be fosters, strongbow, maybe kronenburg, and a special guest ale from Sheffield.

You travel from Lewes (starting from Haywards Heath or Brighton) will be covered by the match day ticket. In fact you needn't have got a ticket to Brighton, just to Haywards Heath.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Really ? And I always thought Portsmouth was the most densely populated.

Did you know that before they knocked down the slums around Edward Street, the square mile around it was the second most densely populated area in England - only a part of the East End of London had more people in it.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Thursday (nearly Friday)

sjongyu_laughter_gif.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here