Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wednesday Fans...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Because we had an idiot in charge at the time
When Alan Irvine walked, you were a long way from looking like relegation fodder. Megson changed all that, and just because you've won 2 games at home against mediocre teams, some of you are getting all billy big bollocks again.

Anyway I'm sure Gus and the boys are shitting themselves at the prospect of 4-goals-since-Christmas man, Gary Madine TERRORISING our oh-so leaky defence.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
When Alan Irvine walked, you were a long way from looking like relegation fodder. Megson changed all that, and just because you've won 2 games at home against mediocre teams, some of you are getting all billy big bollocks again.

Anyway I'm sure Gus and the boys are shitting themselves at the prospect of 4-goals-since-Christmas man, Gary Madine TERRORISING our oh-so leaky defence.

Record this season

With Irvine: P26 W10 D4 L11 Pts34 Ppg 1.31
With Megson: P14 W4 D3 L7 Pts15 Ppg 1.07

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
To be fair to Milan, he has had to deal with a lot of s**t, some of the stuff you lot had to back in the 90's
And on this subject, this post from your forum had me chuckling into my coffee.

Big Fish on OwlsTalk said:
In fairness to BHA fans, they've had it a lot worse than most clubs, arguably even worse than SWFC.
Arguably! :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

So we were relegated two divisions in 4 years, nearly relegated out of the football league, then spent two years playing football 85 miles away (that's a 170 mile round trip) because we didn't have a home ground, with the club pretty much on the brink of closure for about 4 years from 1996-1999.

I can definitely see how this is nearly as insuffererable as Sheffield Wednesday fans having to put up with three relegations and only one promotion in that time, meaning they have spent a whole season in league one after 3 or 4 in the Championship. :nono:

I think Albion fans everywhere would do well to remember what these long suffering Wednesday fans have had to put up with before we consider taking the piss.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think Albion fans everywhere would do well to remember what these long suffering Wednesday fans have had to put up with before we consider taking the piss.

So true. To think, that whilst we were LORDING in up in Gillingham, watching Mahoney Johnson, they were having to suffer watching the likes of De Canio and Carbone in the Premier League :nono:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
"I will spend any amount, whatever ever means us getting out of this league next season"

Yup, that sounds like a club that DEFINITELY won't run into money problems over the next few years...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I enjoy laughing at the fans of big clubs like Wendy when they take offence at being beaten by so called tinpot clubs. Had a quick look at owlstalk and noticed that some are describing us as upstarts, I mean fancy having the audacity to be pissing this league when we don't have a big club history!

owlsonlineadmin

Jul 22, 2010
And on this subject, this post from your forum had me chuckling into my coffee.

Arguably! :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

So we were relegated two divisions in 4 years, nearly relegated out of the football league, then spent two years playing football 85 miles away (that's a 170 mile round trip) because we didn't have a home ground, with the club pretty much on the brink of closure for about 4 years from 1996-1999.

I can definitely see how this is nearly as insuffererable as Sheffield Wednesday fans having to put up with three relegations and only one promotion in that time, meaning they have spent a whole season in league one after 3 or 4 in the Championship. :nono:

Depends how you look at it, high court appearances and threats of liquidation, chairmen and boards suing fans, not to mention continual mismanagement from about 1995 onwards, scraping by with no money because you're £30m in debt all the while still having expectant and unwavered support (to a point), some of the stuff that has happened at Hillsborough couldn't be scripted by an author ne'er mind it actually happening.

I'm one of the few on the thread arguing in your favour re Falmer/Withdean etc, you've had it shocking andthat game v Hereford sticks in y mind, I was about 16 and just remember it being plastered all over the news.

Good luck for the future except Saturday of course

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So true. To think, that whilst we were LORDING in up in Gillingham, watching Mahoney Johnson, they were having to suffer watching the likes of De Canio and Carbone in the Premier League :nono:
Yes it is easy to remember all the class players we've had whilst considering the garbage that Sheffield Wednesday fans have had to endure over this time period. But that is hardly the whole story is it? I mean, we've also been SPOILT after more than a decade of watching the Albion in the comfort of the space-age modern facilities that Withdean provides - cheap as chips too. Meanwhile, poor old Wednesday supporters have had to put up with watching their team from the "comfort" of a meagre 40,000 all-seater, fully-roofed stadium complete with what was once the biggest kop in Europe. :nono:

It's a good job they're not southern poofs. I mean, Lord knows how we'd have coped with the suffering they've been through. :nono:

Depends how you look at it
Now you seem a decent sort, but clearly the answer to this is NO, NO IT DOESN'T, so please don't come the scouser with us.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Can I just say that in the end you lot had to WIN just ONE f***ing game at the end of the season AT HOME to stay up against those pikey twats up the road.

And you DIDNT so you f***ing deserve to be here for a very, very long time..

owlsonlineadmin

Jul 22, 2010
Can I just say that in the end you lot had to WIN just ONE f***ing game at the end of the season AT HOME to stay up against those pikey twats up the road.

And you DIDNT so you f***ing deserve to be here for a very, very long time..

Blame Irvine, not us, he was the useless git that let us down, now our porcine cousins across the way are doing their level best to give you a "derby" next term

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Blame Irvine, not us, he was the useless git that let us down, now our porcine cousins across the way are doing their level best to give you a "derby" next term

He wasnt the one playing tho and it all came down to one game so I would suggest it was the bottle of the players!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Apart from the usual football forum garbage, which is easily sifted through I don't think that thread on the Wendy site is really anything worse than a bit of defending of their club (as we are ours), so perhaps if both sets of posters put their hands up and said 'fair enough, bad as each other' you could all have a love fest on Saturday, show them the famous pat on the bottom welcome from us gaylords, they'll pretend they don't like it but bring their kleenex with them just in case they get a tingling down the spine.

I actually wish Wendy all the best for next season, I don't really see arrogance in them at all. A bit of naivety maybe, a bit of expected confidence early on probably, and a deep history to be proud of. Arrogance? Nah. Or if it is percieved as arrogance then I think a few on NSC should be quite firmly in the mind that they themselves are terribly arrogant as well.

We're going up, they're not... end of. When we beat them (hopefully) on Saturday, let's just move on to our new pastures, whilst they stagnate for another season and leave it at that.

Regards
Poofter from London

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
perhaps if both sets of posters put their hands up and said 'fair enough, bad as each other' you could all have a love fest on Saturday, show them the famous pat on the bottom welcome from us gaylords

Better still - half and half scarves, now that we have a special bond and all that.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
f*** em, we're going up, they aint!!!

Enjoy next season Wendy, Im sure lowly lickle Brighton will fail and never make it to the BIG time like Wendy back in the day, despite a brand new stadium, training academy planned etc etc etc etc

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
That's an odd thread. I don't think ANYONE on here has said that we're 'bigger' than Wednesday. Currently better, yes (and that won't change even if we lose on Saturday) but not 'bigger'. And I did like the 'small man with big muscles' quote. I know exactly what he means.

Exactly this! I just found it amusing that they thought we were on a poor run of form etc and the amount of confidence after winning two easy home games...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here