Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wednesday Fans...

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Mr deez;4046756 Totally agree with all of this. Just dispute that it's laughable that Wednesday fans are saying they reckon they've got a half decent chance on Saturday.[/QUOTE said:
They're fans are bound to be confident after a couple of wins and there's no way we can take the game for granted but I also feel there's no way Gus will be tolerating any drop in standards between now and the end of the season.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Totally agree with all of this. Just dispute that it's laughable that Wednesday fans are saying they reckon they've got a half decent chance on Saturday.

If a neutral were to look at this fixture, I think they might have a bit of a chuckle at Wednesday fans thinking they had a half decent chance of a win. On the one hand, you've got the team that's been top for over six months, 25 points from a possible 27 in their last nine games, unbeaten at home this season with 49 points out of a possible57. On the other hand you've got a team that's been shit for pretty much all of 2011(bar their last two games). I imagine if a neutral had to bet their life savings on the game they wouldn't be putting them on the visiting team.

I'm sure it'll be a tough game, but it's almost definitely going to be tougher for Sheff Wed than it will be for us.

grantswfc`

Apr 7, 2011
I havent really got a problem with Brighton, i take my hat of to you this season because you've taken the league by the scruff of the kneck and domonated. Something many of us owls fans thought we would do and took it all very lighty.

This season has gone from very promising to a bad one to a very very bad one for us, if you think back to Christmas day, we were only 2 points of your selfs with a game in hand on you, since the turn of the year we've just turned into the worst football team thats ever been seen at Hillsborough, up untill last saturday. We've now had 2 good wins on the bounce and playing some very sparkling, fast paced football. I wouldnt take us lightly this saturday, many of our players are championship quality players and our front pairing Mellor and Madine have 34 goals between them this season, Just a word of warning if you think that saturday will be a walk in park.

Anyways, all the best for next season in your new staduim i hope we see you soon further up the leagues.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I wouldnt take us lightly this saturday, many of our players are championship quality players and our front pairing Mellor and Madine have 34 goals between them this season, Just a word of warning if you think that saturday will be a walk in park.
Yeah, world class. Two weeks ago I checked the league table and you were staring at league 2. So when you say championship quality, what you mean is that they are paid championship wages.

And now you've got two strikers who look half decent together and you've won two on the trot for the first time in FIVE months. If only we could manage something like that.

Last edited:

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
They only reason we are the best team in the league, probably in the football league, probably in the whole of England and no doubt the whole galaxy is because Wednesday are so bad.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
It's all kicking off on Owlstalk now. Apparently we don't have the structure to stay in the Championship.

they seem like a nice enough bunch. some kind comments, some sensible post. i think perhaps one or two albion fans have made themselves look a bit foolish... showing a complete lack of knowledge about wednesday's rich history and recent economic travails. they're a huge club. good luck to them next season.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
This season has gone from very promising to a bad one to a very very bad one for us, if you think back to Christmas day, we were only 2 points of your selfs with a game in hand on you, since the turn of the year we've just turned into the worst football team thats ever been seen at Hillsborough, up untill last saturday. We've now had 2 good wins on the bounce and playing some very sparkling, fast paced football. I wouldnt take us lightly this saturday, many of our players are championship quality players and our front pairing Mellor and Madine have 34 goals between them this season, Just a word of warning if you think that saturday will be a walk in park.

Anyways, all the best for next season in your new staduim i hope we see you soon further up the leagues.

You need to face a very simple fact, you have a very overpaid but poor team. Unlike you Wendy fans we didn't have any huge expectations of our team and yet they have amazed everybody not least ourselves. Granted you will turn up on Saturday with the very vain hope of getting something. You might do but being realistic (something that Wendy fans have a real problem with) it's hardly very likely. Two wins in the last two ? Yes. well done, anybody can beat shit sides though as you will find out at 16:50 Saturday.

grantswfc`

Apr 7, 2011
You need to face a very simple fact, you have a very overpaid but poor team. Unlike you Wendy fans we didn't have any huge expectations of our team and yet they have amazed everybody not least ourselves. Granted you will turn up on Saturday with the very vain hope of getting something. You might do but being realistic (something that Wendy fans have a real problem with) it's hardly very likely. Two wins in the last two ? Yes. well done, anybody can beat shit sides though as you will find out at 16:50 Saturday.

At the end of the day you don't need to tell me or any wednesday fan how poor we've been this season, we've had to sit through it every week, but on our last two performances and the football that we've played our "over paid" have shown that we've got it in us to scare any team in this league, that includes you the mighty brighton. All im saying is that we're not expected to get anything this saturday and when the pressure has been taking off our players we've performed, i see us being a major banana skin for you saturday...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
A lot of bitterness towards us on that site, but a few posters with enough nous to appreciate what we're acheiving this season. Maybe the bitter ones are older and still haven't got over Highbury 1983 yet :laugh:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
i see us being a major banana skin for you saturday...
How are you any more of a banana skin than say MK Dons, Oldham, Charlton, or most recently Carlisle?

We've got 4 home games left: Sheff Wed, Dagenham, Southampton and then Huddersfield. Of all the teams we consider a threat to our unbeaten season long home record, I reckon you rank joint-3rd out of 4. Your team is crap, Megson is a shit manager who tells his team they are crap at half time when they are losing, and your team are only even trying now that it's approaching contract renewal time.

My guess is that we'll either sneak past you or we'll absolutely batter you.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
There are some seriously deluded chimps on Owlstalk who clearly haven't quite come to terms with their current situation, ie, shite.

grantswfc`

Apr 7, 2011
How are you any more of a banana skin than say MK Dons, Oldham, Charlton, or most recently Carlisle?

We've got 4 home games left: Sheff Wed, Dagenham, Southampton and then Huddersfield. Of all the teams we consider a threat to our unbeaten season long home record, I reckon you rank joint-3rd out of 4. Your team is crap, Megson is a shit manager who tells his team they are crap at half time when they are losing, and your team are only even trying now that it's approaching contract renewal time.

My guess is that we'll either sneak past you or we'll absolutely batter you.

A crap team that has already taken 3 points of you this season.

Well lets see, but you really are setting you self up for a massive "egg on your face" situation

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Well lets see, but you really are setting you self up for a massive "egg on your face" situation
Yes, at the beginning of the season when we had barely started. And maybe our team will remember that and it will provide additional motivation to win, as if it was needed.

And as for "egg on your face", well so what? I'm saying I think we'll win on our forum, and not antagonising any of your supporters by doing so. I boldly predict you'll be one of the crappier sides seen at Withdean this season. You've won two on the trot. Both at home, against crap teams. Meh.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

To be fair that was about the third or fourth game this season. If we played now at Hillsboro it would be a completely different outcome. This was when Carlisle were top and Saints couldnt win for love nor money.

At worst a draw wouldnt be bad result on Sat anyway.

For my mind Wednesday are probably the biggest club in this division.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here