Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wednesday Fans...

grantswfc`

Apr 7, 2011
Yes, at the beginning of the season when we had barely started. And maybe our team will remember that and it will provide additional motivation to win, as if it was needed.

And as for "egg on your face", well so what? I'm saying I think we'll win on our forum, and not antagonising any of your supporters by doing so. I boldly predict you'll be one of the crappier sides seen at Withdean this season. You've won two on the trot. Both at home, against crap teams. Meh.

Well anyway enjoy your mighty glory of winning league 1, nice to see a club reach its peak, i just hope we reach the peak of our club again.. back to beating barca :)

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I have a Wednesday supporting colleague at work, when I mentioned something on owlstalk a while back he said to me "Don't go on Owlstalk, it's full of idiots."

He also is rather unhappy about the fact that they've won two games on the trot, as he thinks that Megson will get the gig for next season now!

:lol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yet you've spent the majority of your 110 years of being a football club in this league
How does that prove your point? You're comparing us in league one with you beating Barcelona, as if they're both par for the course.

Our peak so far was holding our own in the top flight, and getting to the FA Cup final. Oh, and nobody here is ruling out a spell in the Premiership at some point in the next 3 years. However, I think we can safely rule out Sheff Wed getting there in that time.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yet you've spent the majority of your 110 years of being a football club in this league

Now now thats a touch of the Leeds and Stains about your lot there.

Show some humility now you have fallen from grace, if you dont you could be stuck in this division awhile - just ask Leeds.

grantswfc`

Apr 7, 2011
How does that prove your point? You're comparing us in league one with you beating Barcelona, as if they're both par for the course.

Our peak so far was holding our own in the top flight, and getting to the FA Cup final. Oh, and nobody here is ruling out a spell in the Premiership at some point in the next 3 years. However, I think we can safely rule out Sheff Wed in getting there in that time.

How can you safely say that? We're a debt free club with a massive fan base, our chairman has already been quoted saying "I will spend any amount, whatever ever means us getting out of this league next season" So how could you rule us out?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
our chairman has already been quoted saying "I will spend any amount, whatever ever means us getting out of this league next season" So how could you rule us out?

Did he not say something similar when he took over halfway through THIS season? That's gone well hasn't it?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Did he not say something similar when he took over halfway through THIS season? That's gone well hasn't it?

Mandaric might well get them out of this division before he pops his clogs, but I would be a little concerned as to what happens when he has had enough. His track record suggest he is willing to sell to any old sailor to maximise his investment.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Quite an amusing thread that on Owlstalk though - they seem to think that we don't think that they are a "bigger club" than us. They are a bigger club than us, really can't argue against that, they're just currently crapper at football!!

:thumbsup:

owlsonlineadmin

Jul 22, 2010
To be fair to Milan, he has had to deal with a lot of s**t, some of the stuff you lot had to back in the 90's, we were second when he took over but the squad wasn't healthy in spirit hence why we are now 15th and going nowhere, he gave Irvine a chance sadly, many like myself wouldn't have. I do believe we will be far stronger next season and depending on who goes up/comes down should start as one of the favourites

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I feel a bit Observer Said and Done doing this...

25th January 2011

Milan Mandaric , the Sheffield Wednesday owner, is launching an inquiry after a club email address was hacked and a rogue message sent out about manager Alan Irvine's future.

It falsely suggested the beleaguered Irvine was going to be sacked at a supposed Press conference on Monday.

Irvine has been under pressure from a group of Wednesday fans venomous with their criticisms about him on online forums.

Mandaric said: 'It's a matter of great concern that a false announcement purporting to have been sent by the club was being circulated.

'We need to find out what happened. At this difficult time for the club, I urge all supporters to stick together.'

Mandaric and Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp have their lawyers in court this week arguing the former Portsmouth duo have no case to answer over tax evasion charges.

3rd February 2011: Sacks him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here