Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weddings during the football season...

Mowgli

Sep 18, 2008
Brighton
Why?!?! My sister has only gone and arranged her's for the 27th of March in Reading of all places so i am gonna be missing the Tranmere game, sake. :down:

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
I'm forced into missing the Leeds game for similar reasons. . . . :hammer:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I missed my cousins wedding cos we were at home to Wolves.
Dunno what she was moaning about. I turned up at the reception, and saw the video a few weeks later.
:rolleyes:

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Why?!?! My sister has only gone and arranged her's for the 27th of March in Reading of all places so i am gonna be missing the Tranmere game, sake. :down:

Perhaps its an omen but I got married on 25th September 1976, a Saturday, and we played Tranmere and won 3-1.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Missed the Brentford game just gone as was at a wedding

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's just plain selfish - me, me, me. What's wrong with May (keeping the play-off-final weekend clear, of course), June, July, and a bit of August? Or go crazy and choose a Friday? Everyone likes a day off work.

And steer clear of World Cups and Euros for good measure. Still plenty of choice.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

She should've restricted the choice of location to towns and cities with First Division clubs.

(If she'd have waited a year, she could have had Croydon, but thinking about it, I don't blame her for getting a move on.)

If I ever get married, I'd watch my wedding video in rewind so that I could get to the finish and end up being single again.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
wait until the day itself and then phone to say you cant get there due to transport problems.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
I missed the nottingham forest away game in August 2006 because my cousin got married and I couldnt not go. I was a tad annoyed as it was the first Albion game I had missed on a saturday (home or away) For 4 years! Not missed one since, mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here