Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wedding Speech one-liners...

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
You could always use the old Alan Partridge gag:

Look like your out of breath and say 'Sorry I took so long, but I just popped to the gents. While I was in there I saw a bit of graffiti that said: "I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure"! Straight away you've got them by the jaffers!

:lolol:

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
'Weddings are emotional occasions - even the cake is in tiers'

It's bad but you have to remember the old folk in the audience who like jokes like that.

And it's more appropriate than 'Why do brides wear white? So they match all of the other domestic appliances'

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Slightly off topic I know but I've just realised that yesterday would have been my Silver Wedding anniversary ! (Next week will be my second although it won't be celebrated on either side of the Atlantic).

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
I can remember when (insert groom or best man's name) had girls chasing him through Churchill Square......then he gave up handbag snatching.

A missing guest today is John Smith, friend of the bride's father, who has stayed away after being struck off for making love to one of his patients, which is a shame because he has been the family's vet for over 15 years.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
See you all again in a few years time!!!:lolol:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Thankyou to everyone for turning up today, to those who are seeing me get married for a 5th time theres an extra pint at the bar for you to say thanks for turning up again!

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Adapted from what Harty says on the radio but the wife could be introduced as "your current wife".

I heard a good line at a wedding the other day and the best man said: "I am here to make this the most uncomfortable few minutes of NAME OF GROOM 's life, the most uncomfortable few minutes of NAME OF BRIDE's life will come later on this evening..." If delivered right it will be quality.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Speech: "After the last wedding I went to, I asked [insert name of any under 5 relative] what they thought. I must of missed the best part coz (s)he said; the church bit was a bit boring but the conception afterwards was brilliant!"

Subtle play on words should get a titter.

Easy - please tell us all what you DID end up saying ....

WASH

Jul 6, 2003
Rustington
What about using the line : What's the definition of mixed emotions? Seeing your mother-in-law reverse of a cliff in your brand new car!!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
My father in law was told that the secret of a good marriage was to be a chef in the bedroom and a whore in the bathroom.

It was not until three years after the wedding that my mother in law politely brought up in conversation that she really enjoyed his lasagne, but was still a little confused as to why he dressed up as Blakey from On The Buses every Thursday night

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There's definately some material here I'll be using, thanks peeps. I'll be sure to credit those who's jokes I've nicked.

:)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Exmouth Seagull said:
Heres a good one with a football connection;

I was best man at a wedding in June for a bloke that works in Tescos. When reading out the telegrams etc. put in a card you wrote out yourself earlier, and it should go roughly like this;

'...and heres a message we have received from the Tesco football team.....(pause-everybody looks surprised and wonders what the message will be).......We have tried Phil in every position.... and found him to be absolutely useless.....Hope Sandy has more luck...Congratulations'

Obviously you need to modify the name of the football team to suit your Groom. Went down a treat during my speech.

My bastard of a best man used that one on me, and yes it went down very well.

jonogulls

Aug 2, 2004
The old best man one:

Give out a load of keys to some of the blokes at the do before hand and tell them to keep hush. When it comes to it, say that 'I know that <bride> likes her men; so much so that she gives a key to her flat to anyone who's been there before. The groom wants an armistice, a fresh start to return the keys before they are married etc......' (obviously delivered more succintly than that).

All the blokes will come up with the keys. Give one to the groom's dad, some pissed up uncles, a woman and a little kid for comedy effect.

seagull over sevenoaks

Jul 14, 2003
Exmouth Seagull said:
Heres a good one with a football connection;

I was best man at a wedding in June for a bloke that works in Tescos. When reading out the telegrams etc. put in a card you wrote out yourself earlier, and it should go roughly like this;

'...and heres a message we have received from the Tesco football team.....(pause-everybody looks surprised and wonders what the message will be).......We have tried Phil in every position.... and found him to be absolutely useless.....Hope Sandy has more luck...Congratulations'

Obviously you need to modify the name of the football team to suit your Groom. Went down a treat during my speech.

At mine there was a card saying "wishing you all the best in your married life, hope its a little more straight forward than ours. Lots of love Uncle Derek and Auntie Steve"

Which went down quite well, my best man did a great speech opening with;

"Apologies if this speech seems a little rushed, but I'm just a late stand-in. David Beckham was performing Best Man duties, but phoned a short while ago to say he was stuck in Victoria.."

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
jonogulls said:
The old best man one:

Give out a load of keys to some of the blokes at the do before hand and tell them to keep hush. When it comes to it, say that 'I know that <bride> likes her men; so much so that she gives a key to her flat to anyone who's been there before. The groom wants an armistice, a fresh start to return the keys before they are married etc......' (obviously delivered more succintly than that).

All the blokes will come up with the keys. Give one to the groom's dad, some pissed up uncles, a woman and a little kid for comedy effect.

Saw this at a wedding the other week but for the groom. They got this old woman of at least 90 to shuffle up at the end on her zimmer. Raised a big laugh and the old dear looked very pleased with herself too!!!

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
jonogulls said:
The old best man one:

My wife's cousin (Janice) did this - so i waited for all the key holders to sit down again and then went to the front and picked up a key, winked at the bride and said "same night as usual Janice"?? - completely unplanned and went down a storm !

:lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here