Living In a Box
Arial is standard business font if any help

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Beach Hut said:
Arial is standard business font if any help

yep it is the standard I have worked by for the past 5 years ... though tend to use Century Gothic sans serif for some design purposes

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Font settings on websites are slightly pointless unless you have the full listing - Linux, MacOS, BeOS, etc don't have Arial. The first two have Helvetica and the latter has Swiss, which are the same font to a point

The listing should be, from memory "font face="Arial,helvetica,swiss,sans-serif""; because then all OS's can pick a suitable font.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
WWW.atosorigin.com (I think).

Seriously we are a corporate Olympic sponsor - it doesn't get much bigger then that.

I have spent my life working for companies and never ventured alone but I have seen the most crass and pants marketing ever. Marketing people live on another planet at times.

What I'm saying is as a corporation you can get over faux pas - on your own maybe not.

Make sure you know your target market- research first prior to spending a shed load of money on a hunch.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Beach Hut said:
WWW.atosorigin.com (I think).

Seriously we are a corporate Olympic sponsor - it doesn't get much bigger then that.

I have spent my life working for companies and never ventured alone but I have seen the most crass and pants marketing ever. Marketing people live on another planet at times.

What I'm saying is as a corporation you can get over faux pas - on your own maybe not.

Make sure you know your target market- research first prior to spending a shed load of money on a hunch.

Thanks Beachy ... I have worked with my target market for the past 3 years ... also spent jus over 7 weeks market researching ... I now need to pitch it to them.

But take the corporate point ... thanks

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Looks good. Good luck.
Just a couple of simple things Home is usually better than index. It's universally used by almost all web sites as the link to return to the first page and as such is what people expect.
Also, is there much point in having your web address is the contacts page of you website? :lolol:

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
if your still in the mood for constructive criticism, move the site off geocities asap (dont look too profesional) and sort out the size of your images - 375kb for "womanatdesk" is WAY too big.

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
MYOB said:
The DDA is a pain in the arse for web designers because it pretty much limits us to using pure HTML 4.01 Transitional, which makes the pages big - normally a big site uses XHTML, where you have the page and a CSS file - the CSS file comes down once per session, even if you look at 10,000 pages in that session. Saves bandwidth and makes your site faster

Lynx, Arachne, etc don't support CSS.

I've done sites with CSS that passed the software verification fine, but you're limited. Too many websites are built in Frontpage and targeted at IE - IE's market share is collapsing...

If someone was setting out to create a new web page, what products would you recommend to be used. How would you rate 'Dreamweaver'.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Good luck and all that but most importantly, who is this SAWT?

womansittingatadesk4a.jpg

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Yeah good luck, incidently I love Century Gothic, its just the BEST typeface ever

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
You've got scroll bars on the left hand frame but there's nothing to scroll...I'd get rid of them.

This next comment is purely a personal preference of mine...use as much of the screen width as you can as you might be able to get everything onto the screen without the need for scrolling. Look at the 'Behind The Scenes' page, try to imagine it close to full width and with a lot of the blank lines removed...just a thought.

Good luck with your business.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
My thoughts, probably already posted so apologies if so:

Loose the "page2.htm" instead use "whoarewe.htm" or "who_are_we.htm", same goes for the other links, makes it abit more professional and not something just quickly made up!

the smaller "writeahead" logo is cool but needs to be more dominant in the top left, you want it on every page too so people remember you more, the more they see it the better chances of that.

Contact Us page: have the e-mail link automatically open up the users E-mail program.

Maybe make the brochure a pdf format available to download onthe site? (unless you wanna keep tabs of course)

Maybe have an Introductory Page that details the main aspects with the link to the main part of the website with more refined details on everything.

Just ideas, hope they help

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
CrabtreeBHA said:

Maybe make the brochure a pdf format available to download onthe site? (unless you wanna keep tabs of course)

Very good idea. I hate it when a web page says they have brochures but you have to sit there, put in all your details and then wait for them to send it.

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
On the Left Wing said:
Thanks for the input guys ...

will chat with my web designer a bit!

:clap:

Let us know when it's re-done and we'll rip it to pieces again :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here