Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Website goes live

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
:lolol:

Glad you can all appreciate my hard work. I'm not proffessional but I'm not an idiot either.

Crabber's - I don't need to rename the page, I can simply add alt tags and change the <title>

Seriously thanks for the advice, esp MYOB. Will see what needs tweaking! :p

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Biscuit said:
Crabber's - I don't need to rename the page, I can simply add alt tags and change the <title>

when you Mouseover the link you see it says "...page2.htm" etc, you will need to rename the files as the <title> tag just means that...the title!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
CrabtreeBHA said:
when you Mouseover the link you see it says "...page2.htm" etc, you will need to rename the files as the <title> tag just means that...the title!

Yes. Thats why I said <title> and Alt tags.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Changing the Alt tags will not change what the browsers basebar shows

As goes apps to use - I code by hand. Dreamweaver is good if your graphically minded.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
HotDog by Sausage Software is what I use, simply as hell to get to grips with. Was using that when I first started, some 10 years ago now I think..blimey!

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Didn't really understand most of what was being said above, but I also find it annoying when you have to scroll left and right to read the text on the page.

Best of luck with it all though.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Biscuit .... I am very grateful and proud of you mate. On a limited budget and for me (a first ever website) I am more than happy.

Also grateful to MYOB, Beachy, Crabbers etc for their input .... unlike some threads on NSC all the criticism is constructive and for that I am VERY grateful

:wave:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Guys, thanks for the constructive criticism, most of it was very helpful.

I have done what I can to resolve everything that has been suggested.

Peace.

:)

Dave In Gloucester

Oct 19, 2003
Gloucester, UK
On the homepage, if you click on one of the links under "If your browser doesn't support frames please use the links below." it says page cannot be found.

Think they need to be updated as well...

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Dave In Gloucester said:
On the homepage, if you click on one of the links under "If your browser doesn't support frames please use the links below." it says page cannot be found.

Think they need to be updated as well...

:angry: for the love of god! I KNEW i'd forget something! :lolol:

EDIT: FIXED.

:lolol: Its like having an army of testers free of charge!

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
"Contact us today for a free brochure" - how about a hypelink to mail you ?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
On the Left Wing said:
and massive thanks to Biscuit, who is a super star for all his work!

so if ever you are in need .....

www.writeahead.co.uk

Well done Nic,

One question?

Any Vacancies....

womansittingatadesk4a.png

:clap2:

jonogulls

Aug 2, 2004
OK, want any more criticism?!

I hate having to scroll left and right when reading a site. It means you have to do some work at the end of every sentence! Can't you make the menu thing on the left smaller and give the main site full use of the screen. Seriously if it wasn't your site I would have just left because it really annoys me. And if you're on dial-up it takes bloody ages to load. Can't you try to reduce the size of the pictures.

Apart from that very good! Good luck with the business. What newspapers did you actually work for then (coming from someone trying to get into journalism)?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here