Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wearing other club's colours

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
First things first. I ONLY support the Albion and have no second team.

A few weeks ago I was in Brighton on a Sunday (Albion shop closed). It started raiining so I wanted a very cheap baseball cap to keep the rain off my glasses. I went into the chav's Austin Reed in North Street (that jumble sale called Sport Soccer) and could buy a throw away cap for £3. The choice: Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd or Spurs. I went for Arsenal.

A few years ago when Newcastle played Man Utd in the cup final I didnt want to be mistaken for a Red so I bought a cheap (there's a theme here) Toon tee shirt to wear down the pub where we watched the game.

In January I was in Edinburgh and went to Hibs. They had a sale in the shop and I bought a quality (but cheap) Hibs tee shirt.

A couple of days later I was in Sunderland and went in their shop. Walked straight out because I realised that I couldn't bear the thought of wearing one of their shirts even if it was very cheap.

I wonder why I'm ok with Arsenal, Newcastle and Hibs, but not Sunderland?

Do you have any other clubs kit? It doesn't count if its your second team.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I bought a cheap Roma top in Italy a few years ago. I don't wear it out as there seems something wrong about a balding man in his late 40s walking around with 'Totti' on his back.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
could never wear anther clubs colours from britain

got couple tops from swedish clubs as have friends there, gothenberg and halmstad.

saw a bloke who worked in an office by station couple fridays ago. must have been dress down day so i guessed as he was in brighton he thought it would be amusing to wear his palace top.

c*nt, wished he bumped into a couple of our more unforgiving fans

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I fall into the category of buying shirts from local teams on my travels, I usually go for something that either looks good or has blue and white stripes in some guise or other, wouldn't go anywhere near anything that had red and blue in combination, or red and anything else for that matter...just personal preference like.

Albion, and ENGLAND shirts.

I had a pal in the US, who wore a great looking shirt, but I couldn't sort out whose it was, he was given it by another British mate. Turned out to be a Port Vale shirt!

Oh well, plenty of shirts look okay I suppose.

Oops, just remembered.... I wore Brasil's colours - not an official team shirt, but one in their colours. I can only admit to 'supporting' them when I went to the awful World Cup final in Los Angeles, vs Italy. Their fans are the most fun to be around, and they had more attractive female fans that anyone, anywhere.

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
Got a few international items but would never wear anything that implies that I have any kind of affiliation with another English club.

Albion are my ONLY team!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I wear my Cowdenbeath shirts with PRIDE!

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
could never wear anther clubs colours from britain

got couple tops from swedish clubs as have friends there, gothenberg and halmstad.

saw a bloke who worked in an office by station couple fridays ago. must have been dress down day so i guessed as he was in brighton he thought it would be amusing to wear his palace top.

c*nt, wished he bumped into a couple of our more unforgiving fans

Every time i go to Brighton i see quite a few Palace tops, stickers in cars etc.

brightonbluenose

May 6, 2006
Every time i go to Brighton i see quite a few Palace tops, stickers in cars etc.

EVERY TIME?.....QUITE A FEW...?!

Absolute bollocks mate!!

I've lived in B & H for 40 years and can count the number of times I've seen a scum top (apart from match days) on two hands and each time I've pulled them with something like 'I'd be very careful wearing that shirt round here, mate'!!

Are you a Palarse fan in disguise??!!

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
EVERY TIME?.....QUITE A FEW...?!

Absolute bollocks mate!!

I've lived in B & H for 40 years and can count the number of times I've seen a scum top (apart from match days) on two hands and each time I've pulled them with something like 'I'd be very careful wearing that shirt round here, mate'!!

Are you a Palarse fan in disguise??!!

Do you think? Ok mate perhaps my eyes are deceiving me and they are Barcelona fans!

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I've got a Benfica shirt from when i went to Lisbon 8 years ago and watched them play at the old stadium of light.

Also done a tour of the nou camp but couldn't bring myself to buy a Barcelona shirt because of the colours so got a spanish national shirt instead. Was going to get a Greece shirt when i went there in 2002 but all the shops there were selling fakes so didn't both and have kind of given up getting a shirt from where i have been to.

But i may get an odd one in the futuer if the chance arose

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here