Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wearing all my favourite brands, brands, brands, brands.....

boik

Why do people get conned into paying extra to do a companys advertising for them? Bench and Superdry must be laughing their socks off! Some of that stuff has adverts on both sleeves, front and back. Give me something well cut, well made and understated. I care not a jot who markets it (and it is just marketing as those companies certainly don't make anything). Grumpy enough for ya? ;-)

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I have 4 shirts by Errea, some Nike astro turfs and a nike rucksack. That's pretty much it for my labled clothes. I spend my cash on computers, and soon a motorbike.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Alexander McQueen: A coat, 2 shirts, 2 t-shirts, 4 scarves.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why do people get conned into paying extra to do a companys advertising for them?

My McQueen coat, 2 shirts and a scarf have no reference to him on them. If you knew McQueen's motifs you'd be able to work out the t-shirts are his and I have 3 classic 'skull' scarves (2 chiffon and one wool) which I'm sure a lot of people will recognise as his. I buy his clothes as I genuinely like what the label makes and the image surrounding it. I certainly am not being conned and I'm not advertising anything other than me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I also have the Savage Beauty retrospective book about McQueen's career.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
My McQueen coat, 2 shirts and a scarf have no reference to him on them. If you knew McQueen's motifs you'd be able to work out the t-shirts are his and I have 3 classic 'skull' scarves (2 chiffon and one wool) which I'm sure a lot of people will recognise as his. I buy his clothes as I genuinely like what the label makes and the image surrounding it. I certainly am not being conned and I'm not advertising anything other than me.

Agreed and also what you feel comfortable in

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Mmmmm. Technically I'm wrong as all my socks are made by Falke. I have around 14 pairs. My recommendation is Falke Sensitive Berlin. A truly glorious sock and I have them sent from Germany every so often. Lovely stuff.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Recently it'd be Superdry. I was most upset that the store in Gatwick appears to cater for midgets only (they actually had virtually NOTHING bigger than M) though as they've got limited outlets here

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Probably equal between Paul Smith and Hugo Boss. I find both are always a really good fit on me. I love the Paul Smith T-shirt prints, they're not too overproduced (with a couple of notable exceptions which I avoid) and the print and material quality is always top notch. Boss Orange and Boss black have brought out some really nice gear over the last coupe of years, never used to like it before 2009ish - was always a bit run of the mill bog standard lets put a boss logo on a polo shirt.

I will never ever buy anything which has writing plastered all over it, whether it be a £10 top or a £100 top. For that reason I will never buy superdry and g-star clothes, even if some of it is alright.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I'm not keen on overtly logoed gear & I think super dry is shit.

Brands I like at the moment;
Fallow or Edwin for denim (always selvedge)
Ames Bros, Junk Food for tee shirts. I did like Chalk but they seem to have stopped.
Howies for assorted stuff
Aubin and Wills for assorted stuff
Loake shoes
Adidas trainers
Ipanema flip flops
Baracuta jackets

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Superdry. Was Hollister until I hit the age of 24 then realised I could no longer wear it with any respect.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Stone Island since 1991, tons of it, I should really get it insured or valued. And still got a lot of Massimo Osti Left Hand from late 1990s, rare but not so valuable to collectors

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here