Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wearing a brighton shirt saturday.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Haven't worn colours for ages, last shirt I bought was Palokerville.

Just doesn't do it for me.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Its not charlie, hes fine with it. Someone has been saying shit to me ( not naming no names but you can guess ) that you lot have been saying shit about me about not 'allowed' to go with you. Mate if thats how you feel i wont go with you?:thumbsup:

f*** it. No point clogging up NSC with this childish shit. Lets clog up everybodies facebook homepage. :kiss:

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
Marcgorry, do you really think your average Palace, Millwall or Charlton fan is worried about wearing their own colours?. Of course not. Be a man and wear it, as I and thousands of others will be.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
I never really wear colours, but if it's what you usually do I wouldn't worry

Last edited:

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Marc,

My boy is 11 and he'll be wearing his.

He says if you're worried about it meet up with him and he'll look after you. :thumbsup:

andywhing4england

Jan 19, 2009
I've never been a great lover of wearing the shirt around. Haven't bought one in f***ing years. Even being under 20 i couldnt wear one. Personally, i dont think they look great on adults, especially the fat middle aged man (see Mike Ashley). and yes, im prepared for the abuse i will get from pretty much everyone on here.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Without getting into the specifics re the owl-bating initiator of this thread's own sartorial best policy, all I can suggest to Albion fans in general who are travelling up by train from Sussex via London Bridge (I have no advice for people driving up, non-drinkers are weird) who may be worried about wearing colours is the following:

Put on your Albion shirt first, then put a Charlton shirt on top of it, then a Millwall one, then a Palace one, then another Albion one on top.

Proudly wear your Albion shirt on your way to the station and on the train up heading towards London.

Remove it (to reveal the Palace shirt) somewhere between Couldson and Purley. Keep this on through the Helmand Province-like danger-area the train passes through around East Croydon.

Remove the Palace shirt, to reveal the Millwall one, as the train passes through Honor Oak Park.

Keep the Millwall shirt on (for the love of God, if you value your life) whilst changing trains at London Bridge.

Remove the Millwall shirt (to reveal the Charlton one) as your train pulls into Greenwich/Blackheath. Not a moment before.

Remove the Charlton shirt (to reveal the original Brighton one you put on first) once you reach the chip shop on Floyd Road, halfway between Charlton station and the away turnstiles.

That's pretty much the only way to be truly safe.

I haven't yet worked out in which order (and where) you'll need to put the shirts back on during your return journey, but PM me if you need to know and I'll send you a flow chart prior to Saturday.

Cheers x

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Without getting into the specifics re the owl-bating initiator of this thread's own sartorial best policy, all I can suggest to Albion fans in general who are travelling up by train from Sussex via London Bridge (I have no advice for people driving up, non-drinkers are weird) who may be worried about wearing colours is the following:

Put on your Albion shirt first, then put a Charlton shirt on top of it, then a Millwall one, then a Palace one, then another Albion one on top.

Proudly wear your Albion shirt on your way to the station and on the train up heading towards London.

Remove it (to reveal the Palace shirt) somewhere between Couldson and Purley. Keep this on through the Helmand Province-like danger-area the train passes through around East Croydon.

Remove the Palace shirt, to reveal the Millwall one, as the train passes through Honor Oak Park.

Keep the Millwall shirt on (for the love of God, if you value your life) whilst changing trains at London Bridge.

Remove the Millwall shirt (to reveal the Charlton one) as your train pulls into Greenwich/Blackheath. Not a moment before.

Remove the Charlton shirt (to reveal the original Brighton one you put on first) once you reach the chip shop on Floyd Road, halfway between Charlton station and the away turnstiles.

That's pretty much the only way to be truly safe.

I haven't yet worked out in which order (and where) you'll need to put the shirts back on during your return journey, but PM me if you need to know and I'll send you a flow chart prior to Saturday.

Cheers x

Thanks for that, on behalf of all Brighton fans who were worried about wearing their Albion shirts in Charlton, i.e nobody, much obliged.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
There are three categories of opposition supporter no self-respecting hoolies target - the elderly, the very young and anyone 'wearing colours' (rightly assuming the latter to be goons/anoraks) so wear your shirt Macgorry, you and your polyester-clad mates will be fine.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I've never been a great lover of wearing the shirt around. Haven't bought one in f***ing years. Even being under 20 i couldnt wear one. Personally, i dont think they look great on adults, especially the fat middle aged man (see Mike Ashley). and yes, im prepared for the abuse i will get from pretty much everyone on here.
I make you right mate.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Mate if there's any chance you might get pissed up and start getting a bit lairy I wouldn't reccomend wearing your shirt.

Palace might not be the toughest away fans but there's plenty of little teenaged c**ts that will be hanging around LB and East Cro and might fancy a pop.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I dont wear a shirt as I got fed up being bothered by well meaning but dull supporters of shit teams enquiring about the new stadium.

(2 minutes)

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
not with millwall about they wont.

I think CS is right in principle not necessarily regarding palace but about wearing the shirt around LB. Saturady is not just any old away trip there will be a lot more herberts about and if they cannot satisfy their craving with an 'off' so to speak they may well look for more innocent targets.

And by the way i am sure the Millwall youth will be at LB Bushy so the same risk is there.

are you going?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here