Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We were promised news this week...

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
About a week ago, we were told we'd be getting some big news about transfers sometime this week. I've held my breath since then (and been hospitalised twice because of it), but still no news. Come on insiders, time to spill the beans.......

urbanjim

Oct 27, 2005
Dublin
Well, it seems we are playing some lad called Leighton in August according to the official site.

You can buy tickets for Brighton vs Leighton Orient apparently on 30th August

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
About a week ago, we were told we'd be getting some big news about transfers sometime this week. I've held my breath since then (and been hospitalised twice because of it), but still no news. Come on insiders, time to spill the beans.......

I think it's a big joke. I expect an announcement about 2 new gully mascots. That's why all of the insiders have avoided mentioning that the 2 new signings are players, and keep refer to 'flying down the wing' and great news for the kids.

Plus the initials MG and SG would suggest some sort of gully thang.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Newsflash. Ronaldo Joins Brighton

Well, he was wearing the gayest pair of "wham" shorts ever along with a tight, fetching pink tshirt and he was walking funny (the crutches are a cover for his covert backdoor activity, obviously).

Could do a job.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I hope they are the exciting household names we have been promised, as anything alluding to the mascots id going to be a major letdown..................:angry:

As I said yesterday, since i've 'outed' the Mascot joke the insiders have gone very quiet.

Papa

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
To be honest all we need is one decent goal scoring midfielder

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
To be honest all we need it one decent goal scoring midfielder

Or a lady and a child, each dressed up as a seagull? Actually, I'd go for your option, it's more ... err.. progressive. ;)

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
We need a keeper, an attacking midfielder and a striker...then we have the makings of a really good team, until then, I wouldn't hedge my bets.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
That's one theory, another is that one of the biggest posters of news is away for a few days...

Well Steward 433 and Mendoza were both posting at the time I put that idea forward; they seemed to be the ones spreading the rumour / joke.

We'll see, won't we...

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
And why would that be???

For getting everyone excited about 2 new players (although you've carefully never mentioned that they are players) for a while now, and then it turns out to be a wife and kid for Gully to parade around the pitch with. That's why :angry:

We will see, won't we? Unless you've got something to tell us now?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here