Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We need to talk about Calde

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Calde every bit as likely to jump ship a la Bruno. Remember that time he was THAT close to signing for Southampton? Personally have dumped the concept of Albion Legend in the dustbin of history where it probably belongs - with a few exceptions that can be counted on the fingers of one hand (excluding thumb)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Except we know that this isn't true as Barber has already spoken about him coming back

I really doubt that is something he has on his mind right now, but maybe it is :shrug:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This. It's probably understandable but I can't think of any club in the top 15 of the EPL whose support base would include so many supporters with such an apparent old division 3 mentality. Can we get Mullers back? Or Adams?

Crikey, let's not be a Noddy club, let's look forward and embrace the future. It's only just begun.
The future never begins; it just becomes the present.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm sure a role could be created for Calde in the coaching/youth coaching set-up along the lines of 'Spanish Liaison Manager' or something without in any way treading on the new manager's toes.
I'd quite like the idea, but it depends on what Calde's doing now, whether he'd want to change it, how much we'd commit to spend on his wages, etc.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In that case, apologies. When it comes to ex-players coming in as manager, unless they are actually a good manager, I completely agree

No worries, mate. Despite my ebullient 'front', I think the loss of our managerial team has hit me harder than I realised. My rush to embrace the future was too energetic, clumsy, in retrospect.

:thumbsup:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
The future never begins; it just becomes the present.

Not if using the future perfect past tense. It is an absolute-relative tense that involves three points in time in the past. The tense refers to a time that is in the future, relative to another point in the past, but is in the past relative to a point in its future. Parts would become present but the future will still be unknown.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Happy to have Calde back involved. And Murray for that matter. If they wanted to be, and were deemed qualified. People may say why have ex players involved? But I think having an ex player involved who is passionate about the club can be infectious to the players.

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
I have not read through the whole thread so sorry if I am repeating anything.

I think we need to let go of the past and move on from Calde and everyone else from that era.

They were great at the time and have their place in history but now we need to make new history and move the club up a level and not keep accepting lower quality.

We should be more ambitious if we want to progress.

This isn’t the best chance in our history to attract a top level coach we have a great reputation and the money. If we pass up that chance and appoint Nathan Jones and Calde it will be a travesty.

Last edited:

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Not if using the future perfect past tense. It is an absolute-relative tense that involves three points in time in the past. The tense refers to a time that is in the future, relative to another point in the past, but is in the past relative to a point in its future. Parts would become present but the future will still be unknown.

Could we have a couple of example sentences please :amex:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I have not read through the whole thread so sorry if I am repeating anything.

I think we need to let go of the past and move on from Calde and everyone else from that era.

They were great at the time and have their place in history but now we need to make new history and move the club up a level and not keep accepting lower quality.

We should be more ambitious if we want to progress.

This isn’t the best chance in our history to attract a top level coach we have a great reputation and the money. If we pass up that chance and appoint Nathan Jones and Calde it will be a travesty.

This isn't the best chance? Hopefully a typo. Can't see a better one atm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here