Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We need to talk about Calde

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Actually, we need to replace Bruno with another Spanish speaking coach as part of the coaching team. We have a contingent of Spanish speaking players and will continue to do so. I know Nathan Jones speaks Spanish, but I doubt he would come as part of a coaching team, only as head coach. But Calde? I'm sure it isn't completely anecdotal that he will return one day in some capacity or other, so who better to be part of our new coaching team to replace Bruno than Calde?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I don’t know why everyone is obsessed with ex players ? There’s a big wide world of talent out there , we aren’t restricted like we used to be

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I guess it's mostly going to be about who the new guy has around him but it does feel like a Spanish speaker would be useful for the youngsters. It would definitely give us a lift to see him back here.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
We all love Calde, I certainly do but he won't be a head coach for us anytime soon. Maybe come back as part of the coaching staff?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I don’t know why everyone is obsessed with ex players ? There’s a big wide world of talent out there , we aren’t restricted like we used to be

Yeah. I'd imagine this kind of role is a priority. I also imagine that there's a high chance that in any new managers team they have someone who can at least speak some Spanish. But if not, let's give the role to the most outstanding candidate. Key now is to forget loyalty, forget the past and get the absolutely best people in to carry on our development.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
For me, we need to stop living in the past and look forward. I am sure there are plenty of coaches who can speak Spanish, without dredging up all our ex’s...

This. It's probably understandable but I can't think of any club in the top 15 of the EPL whose support base would include so many supporters with such an apparent old division 3 mentality. Can we get Mullers back? Or Adams?

Crikey, let's not be a Noddy club, let's look forward and embrace the future. It's only just begun.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

This 100%, Barber has already said the club keeps an eye on managers and coaches around the world, with an eye on availability and contract lengths.

We shouldn't get so fixated on past names like Jones and Calderón.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What’s Radostin Kishishev up to ? I’m sure he’d like to come back and ride his bike along the A259 again this winter

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I hear there might be a goalkeeping coach at Chelsea needing a job.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ready made replacement. Bags of experience. And he would never betray the club like Judas whatsisname that just left. Loves the club - look!

Mullers.PNG

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This 100%, Barber has already said the club keeps an eye on managers and coaches around the world, with an eye on availability and contract lengths.

We shouldn't get so fixated on past names like Jones and Calderón.

The manager/coach database will be as comprehensive and detailed as the player database. It's how Tony works. Spanish-speaking will almost certainly be one component of one of the incoming team

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
For me, we need to stop living in the past and look forward. I am sure there are plenty of coaches who can speak Spanish, without dredging up all our ex’s...

But that's not how we operate.

When you have a life long fan as an owner whose aim it seems is to see the club and it's fans as one big community family then keeping ex-players around the club helps grow that environment.

He wants people who love the club as much as he does working at it.

That's why I think he'd be bitterly disappointed with Salter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here