Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We missed out on Polish international Marcin Zewlakow and R. Martin goes to Everton

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Silent Bob said:
Who Derby or Everton?

Everton. They also have a number of young goalkeepers - Turner, Ruddy and some others?

I think Martin will have to really make a big impression for Everton to make a bid. In that scenario, they'd obviously rate him very highly, and we could demand a decent fee.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Well thats all our options used up on the player front.Mcghee has gone out on another scouting mission.Doesn't look good.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
We had 2-3 striker options and now we have none.I'm worried:nono:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Is it just me, or does it seem a bit late in the day for scouting missions to return with the news, "Nah he's crap boss." It's halfway through the transfer windows for crying out loud.

Maybe I'm being naive but I would have thought players should have been getting scouted in November / early December, so that we at least went into January 1st with a clear list of players we have watched who we want at this club. Ideally we would have even sounded out clubs and players a bit in December so that we knew which targets were within our range.

Am I being harsh or have we failed to plan ahead well enough for the transfer window? We must have had a pretty good idea for the last two months that we would be looking for a man to lead the line from January.

Last edited:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I hope McGhee has booked a chat with Warnock after the game on Saturday to get Shipperly (and anyone they've got going spare) down here.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Gritt23 said:
Is it just me, or does it seem a bit late in the day for scouting missions to return with the news, "Nah he's crap boss." It's halfway through the transfer windows for crying out loud.

Maybe I'm being naive but I would have thought players should have been getting scouted in November / early December, so that we at least went into January 1st with a clear list of players we have watched who we want at this club. Ideally we would have even sounded out clubs and players a bit in December so that we knew which targets were within our range.

Am I being harsh or have we failed to plan ahead well enough for the transfer window? We must have had a pretty good idea for the last two months that we would be looking for a man to lead the line from January.

Magoo did say he's done his preparation identifying targets. I'd guess DK has ruled some out on cost while others are being picked up by other clubs. As Magoo says - we are bottom of the food chain.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
seagull over spain said:
I wonder if Jason St Juste is worth a look? just been released by Southampton

He is worth a look but he's not the answer to our problems. He's a promising winger who looked great for Darlo last season. Not a priority.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Crewe have just signed Gareth Taylor from Forest

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Gareth Taylor has been put up for Sale by Forest...

Could be just what were after in my opinion.

Bugger ! not quick enough with my post.:lolol:

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
seagull over spain said:
I wonder if Jason St Juste is worth a look? just been released by Southampton

I've seen him play a number of times for Saints Reserves - he's alright but he's not gonna help us right now.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Plymouth have just sold one of there strikers(Taylor)to MK Dons 100k so they have something to spend as they only have two strikers

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
80's Seagull said:
I hope McGhee has booked a chat with Warnock after the game on Saturday to get Shipperly (and anyone they've got going spare) down here.

Ashley Ward is available on a free.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Im sure that richard has trained with the england squad before. Liverpool wanted to sign him but not for the large fee we wanted, doubt he was too keen on moving up there either as his family are quite close.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
sir danny cullip said:
doubt he was too keen on moving up there either as his family are quite close.
And from Liverpool!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here