Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We have one of the best squads in this division who is to blame ?.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We have one of the best squads in this division but we are 17th and utter shite so who is to blame for this state of affairs ?.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
well we haven't but if we had its the managements fault for not getting the best out of them. The buck always stops with the manager

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
The team not playing as a unit. The defence leaking goals left right and centre. Those are just a few things to blame. Also I'd like to blame 90 minute football matches. If we played with Rugby timings, we would NEVER be in this mess! :laugh:

Seriously, the blame lies with the staff who take the training sessions. The man who picks the team, the formation and the tactics. And the person responsible for motivating our team to play as a team!

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
adams for playing virgo all over the place and playing hawkins when he is unfit and also losing points for sitting back on leads.How ever lets hope he turns it around

D

Deleted member 2719

The team not playing as a unit. The defence leaking goals left right and centre. Those are just a few things to blame. Also I'd like to blame 90 minute football matches. If we played with Rugby timings, we would NEVER be in this mess! :laugh:

Seriously, the blame lies with the staff who take the training sessions. The man who picks the team, the formation and the tactics. And the person responsible for motivating our team to play as a team!

And what about the man who changes the manager for the sake of it.

Should he take any blame?

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Micky Adams now but Wilkins should never have been sacked. He showed a huge improvement the second year and I think had to be given atleast 1 more season to see if he could build further.

Nicky Forster however is a massive blow. I think he is our most influential player and works so hard for the team. He will be sorely missed.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
On paper we are a good side who should be lying in the playoff positions throughout the season. In reality the team doesn't hold together and two or three below par performances by players on the pitch causes difficulties. When the team has played as a unified team they play confidently and look the business.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
We have one of the best squads in this division but we are 17th and utter shite so who is to blame for this state of affairs ?.

Oh now hold on. This is a cake and eat it question. So you're acknowledging the manager for making one of the best squads and saying he's great. Ok. Then you're saying they're underachieving and asking why is that?

The flaw with your question is whilst you commend the manager on creating the squad, the manager doesn't agree with you. He says the squad isn't good enough and there is much work to do.

So really why don't you just re-write your question and make it more of an honest statement e.g. you're not happy and it frustrates you.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't agree that our team is particularly stronger now.

Let's compare teams

Wilkins team at end of year..

Kuipers

Whing Lynch Elphick Richards

Cox Racon Thomson Westlake

Forster Murray

MA's when players are fit..

Kuipers

Whing Elphick HAWK Richards

VIRGO Thomson Savage Anyinsah

Forster Murray.

We have more depth now but i think the particular team that Micky is picking is a weaker team that Wilkins created at the end of last season.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Actually it's me. I'm to blame. I had promotion via play-offs in a bottle and dropped it when I was carelessly offering the other hand to tackle a 1970's Curly Wurly. Damn it was chewy.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
To be fair to MA you can't blame him completely for all the late goals we're conceding. There's only so much he can tell his players about playing their socks off right to the whistle, and when it comes to those last few minutes there's really very little the manager can do at that point. Obviously during the week he has to be working on confidence and concentration, but ultimately when it's conceding late goals I'd say players have to share the blame.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I still want to know who says we have one of the best squads in this division...and by that I mean non-BHA fans and "one of the best" meaning Top Five Teams....

Come on then?....lets hear it!

Sep 5, 2008
Individually i reckon we are about the 8th best squad.

However this league is nothing to do with individual talents, its about the team pulling to tegether. Doncaster didn't have individually great players but what they did have was a real team work rate and a top manager.

We will finish atleast top half of the table i'm sure of that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here