Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

we have got worse

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
We have got worse? Probably, Wendy inst anywhere near as experienced as MM was, it will take him time to figure out what is going on, it's our job to back him and the players as much as possible. If we're still struggling in 7 or 8 games time, I'm pretty sure DK will appoint someone else, not that I agree with that, but that is another thread entirely

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Wanderer said:
We have got worse? Probably, Wendy inst anywhere near as experienced as MM was, it will take him time to figure out what is going on, it's our job to back him and the players as much as possible. If we're still struggling in 7 or 8 games time, I'm pretty sure DK will appoint someone else, not that I agree with that, but that is another thread entirely

It was our job & duty to support Mark McGhee but people decided not to bother because in their opinion the results werent good enough. Well in my opinion results arent good enough now so its time for him to go - he's been there all season, he knows the players just as well if not better than anyone else at the club now so he has no excuse.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
chez said:
It was our job & duty to support Mark McGhee but people decided not to bother because in their opinion the results werent good enough. Well in my opinion results arent good enough now so its time for him to go - he's been there all season, he knows the players just as well if not better than anyone else at the club now so he has no excuse.

Yeah:clap: :clap: :clap:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
crodonilson said:
McGhee must be grinning at all you lot who wanted him out. What are the odds he finds himself a club before the end of the season that finish higher than us??

:rolleyes:

I'll give you 500 to f***ing 1. West Brom sniffing are they? Perhaps the Yanks at Man U have their phone book mark set at McG just in case Alex leaves at some point.

Thought not. The bloke has alienated more or less every decent player above our level and I'll bet he's still not working by May 07.

Last edited:

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
Guinness Boy said:
I'll give you 500 to f***ing 1. West Brom sniffing are they? Perhaps the Yanks at Man U have their phone book mark set at McG just in case Alex leaves at some point.

Thought not. The bloke has alienated more or less every decent player above our level and I'll bet he's still not working by May 07.

He was working tonight, i saw him on telly

:dunce:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
chez said:

McGoo had over 2 seasons during which we went from just outside the playoffs in League 1 to sliding down the table in League 1.

Wilkins has had a few games with an inherited squad.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
chez said:

Sorry fella, that is rubbish IMHO

MM had to go because 1) He was tactically crap and 2) He had alienated too many players.

My point about Wendy is that he needs to be given time to figure what is going on, at least 10 games in my opinion, probably more, and even then, it shouldnt be about just results, but are we starting to create more chances, etc etc etc

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Guinness Boy said:
McGoo had over 2 seasons during which we went from just outside the playoffs in League 1 to sliding down the table in League 1.

I see that we agree yet again, scary !!!

chez

Jul 5, 2003
Wanderer said:
Sorry fella, that is rubbish IMHO

MM had to go because 1) He was tactically crap and 2) He had alienated too many players.

My point about Wendy is that he needs to be given time to figure what is going on, at least 10 games in my opinion, probably more, and even then, it shouldnt be about just results, but are we starting to create more chances, etc etc etc

Alienated players? OK, I'll give you that one but only players that were bad for thr club/squad as a whole. Why does Wendy need more time to figure out whats going on? Like I said earlier he's been as close as anyone since the start of pre-season training to the players. He must know them by now, its not a case of a new manager coming in having never set eyes on the squad before.

chez

Jul 5, 2003
Guinness Boy said:

I'm not sure I understand the 2 seasons bit. Last season we were in The Championship (thanks to McGhee BTW), where does the slide come from?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
chez said:
I'm not sure I understand the 2 seasons bit. Last season we were in The Championship (thanks to McGhee BTW), where does the slide come from?

Poor signings,Failure to attract players,To many fall outs,bad tactics,subs.The list goes on and on

chez

Jul 5, 2003
algie said:
Poor signings,Failure to attract players,To many fall outs,bad tactics,subs.The list goes on and on

Poor signings and failure to attract players are more the clubs & LDC's fault than McGhees. Tactics, maybe they were a bit strange but I only think he was trying to uncover a Virgo like gem by playing people in strange positions. Fall outs, thats bollox frankly - are you telling me that you're upset that Leon Knight & CKR have left? I know I'm not.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
chez said:
Alienated players? OK, I'll give you that one but only players that were bad for thr club/squad as a whole. Why does Wendy need more time to figure out whats going on? Like I said earlier he's been as close as anyone since the start of pre-season training to the players. He must know them by now, its not a case of a new manager coming in having never set eyes on the squad before.
But the reality is that Wilkins is now trying to pick up the pieces from the absolute TOILET squad we are now left with following McGhee's reign. We've lost so many players now, and have simply failed to replace them. Two transfer windows came and went with nothing but unrealistic targets and various excuses, and now we are paying for it with a team full of kids with no leaders.

Can we dispense with this "we shouldn't have got rid of McGhee" bollocks, because things would still be JUST as bad under him right now anyway. This is McGhee's squad, not Wilkins's, and until the cavalry arrive in the way of some even HALF decent signings, we are up shit creek whoever is in charge.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
chez said:

We got relegated. We lost a promising striker to Sheffield-15 strikers-and-still-going-down-United. Presumably Kazim-Richards prefers neck ache to a McGhee team talk. We failed to nail ANY replacement. The first XI looked like an ethnic cleansing experiment.

Then to cap it all we lost 4-1 at home to friggin' CREWE in one of the most tactically inept games it has ever been my misfortune to see us play.

Does that cover it?

chez

Jul 5, 2003
Easy 10 said:
But the reality is that Wilkins is now trying to pick up the pieces from the absolute TOILET squad we are now left with following McGhee's reign. We've lost so many players now, and have simply failed to replace them. Two transfer windows came and went with nothing but unrealistic targets and various excuses, and now we are paying for it with a team full of kids with no leaders.

Can we dispense with this "we shouldn't have got rid of McGhee" bollocks, because things would still be JUST as bad under him right now anyway. This is McGhee's squad, not Wilkins's, and until the cavalry arrive in the way of some even HALF decent signings, we are up shit creek whoever is in charge.

The squads in a bad state no question, but I dont think the blame can be laid solely at the McGhee's feet.

I think the only sensible thing to do is to employ a different manager every 2-3 games so that they can have their honeymoon period and then move on. ;)

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
chez said:
Poor signings and failure to attract players are more the clubs & LDC's fault than McGhees. Tactics, maybe they were a bit strange but I only think he was trying to uncover a Virgo like gem by playing people in strange positions. Fall outs, thats bollox frankly - are you telling me that you're upset that Leon Knight & CKR have left? I know I'm not.

Two of those players had bad attitudes agree.You would of thought MCghee would of cured one of them at least but that just shows his managerial skills.He only brought in two players over the whole summer.That is poor.But i have never blamed him entirely as i believe Knight can take some blame for not backing him with cash

Last edited:

Guinness Boy said:

Well, he certainly won't need a job until next summer because we'll still be paying him until then :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
seagull4life said:
what are the odds on who will hand in the next transfer request?

I hear H block are favourites with E Block prepared to go out on loan!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here