Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We Have Been Trying To Sign Ryan Harley From Exeter

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The simple answer would be Norwich but do they need another Crofts type player, it seems they're more after a winger.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
according to their fans they have more midfielders than you can shake a stick at!

I reckon Harley will come to us but will it be as an addition to the squad as originally intended or will it be a replacement of sorts?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Not in starting line up again tonight and the comentators saying he is moving on

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
He would be a class signing, please be us he's moving on to.

If they are not selecting him the deal must be almost done - so we should know one way or the other soon. I fear the "we won't sell to Brighton" quote was a plea to other clubs to come in a push the price up, so maybe he is going elsewhere now?

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Tis has big decision to make on Ryan following transfer speculation

EXETER City manager Paul Tisdale faces a tough decision over whether to play Ryan Harley in tonight's Johnstone's Paint Trophy southern section final first leg against Brentford at Griffin Park.

The midfielder was not part of the matchday squad for Friday night's 1-1 npower League One draw against the same opponents at the same venue following growing transfer speculation surrounding the talented midfielder.

Tisdale admits Harley has become 'unsettled' since it emerged that league leaders Brighton had two bids for the 25-year-old rejected.

And, with other clubs understood to be keeping close tabs on Harley, Tisdale is mulling over whether to start him in tonight's crunch match.

"He may be in contention," said Tisdale. "He has had a tough week again and there is a lot going on.

"It is not easy when you have got turmoil in your situation. He is unsettled at the moment and I am just being considerate and respectful to him.

"There is nothing clever about it. You have to be physically and mentally right to play a game of football.

"He has had a difficult couple of weeks and I didn't feel it was appropriate for him to play on Friday night.

"But he may well play tonight – I'm not sure yet. Tonight is a different game and we will wait and see what happens. He didn't train up until Friday because of a hamstring injury he picked up when he came off the bench against MK Dons. So it hasn't been a good time for him."

EXETER City manager Paul Tisdale faces a tough decision over whether to play Ryan Harley in tonight's Johnstone's Paint Trophy southern section final first leg against Brentford at Griffin Park.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
can never understand why a club would go public about receiving a bid :wink:

probably just want to extract more cash with a bidding war

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
can never understand why a club would go public about receiving a bid :wink:

probably just want to extract more cash with a bidding war

Oh, I see you're a Norwich fan. Yes, I guess the parallels are there with Bennett; although Harley is out of contract in the summer and obviously wants to leave; whereas Bennett recently signed a new 4 year contract and is happy here. My point about Harley is that there seems no chance Exeter can get him to sign a new contract now if a transfer falls through.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Oh, I see you're a Norwich fan. Yes, I guess the parallels are there with Bennett; although Harley is out of contract in the summer and obviously wants to leave; whereas Bennett recently signed a new 4 year contract and is happy here. My point about Harley is that there seems no chance Exeter can get him to sign a new contract now if a transfer falls through.

Do you ever sleep?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
according to the exeter forum QPR were after him but have pulled out and he now looks likely to head to SCC.......

who knows?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
according to the exeter forum QPR were after him but have pulled out and he now looks likely to head to SCC.......

who knows?

ooh i'd love to gazump the fuckers.......he does look quite handy and i think perryman and tisdale would be wrong to deny him the chance to move to a better placed club and also around 300 large into the exeter city coffers.

shouldn't let sarvamptan have him...!!! imho.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
the rumour that he will sign for scc is quite strong on the exeter forum but from Gus' reaction on the Argus Q&A it looks like we are still in with a shout

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here