Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We Have Been Trying To Sign Ryan Harley From Exeter

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
EXETER City manager Paul Tisdale says he does not expect Brentford's recent poor form to affect them this weekend.

Local paper today:

Tisdale also reported that there have been no further developments on the transfer front.

Brighton made a pair of bids for midfielder Ryan Harley earlier in the season, both of which were rejected.

Tisdale said: "Ryan is our player, we have not had an offer that's greater than it was before so we are in the same situation. We value him very highly. We don't want him to go and until someone offers a figure the club will look at then he's our player.

"Ryan had a tough week last week and he just showed again what a complete chap he is that he was able to, with all that stress and pressure going on around him, play for 25 minutes like it was the most important game he was playing and I was really proud of him last week."

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Still struggling with flu?

Always possible but he managed the second half last week and was supposed to be fit and was expected to play tonight. Not being in the squad seems surprising in the circumstances and Tisdale in his pre-match interview yesterday said "everyone is fit to play at this stage"

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Interesting

Very interesting! Look at his face, just look at his face!!

Ryan%20Harley_633601101878906250.jpg

:ohmy:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
In amongst all the dross of their daily "where's Harley?" threads their forum has a few gems

Today's Ryan Harley thread. Monday 17th Jan! - Page 2 - exeweb.com forums

Post #17 suggests Norwich are indeed in for Harley and if you view him and Bennett as broadly similar players (which I don't) then he is a much cheaper option for them.

One post compares him and Noone but again misses the point I think. From what I've seen Harley is much more a driving central mid in the mould of Hammond or Crofts.

" I'd have thought that Noone and Harley both need to play the same position to be at their best, i.e. free roving playmaker in behind the attack and Brighton would have problems trying to play them both together."

Looks like he will be moving but where to is the question?

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Its a horrible business these transfers, Exeter fans must be as pissed off about the Harley situation as we are about Bennett.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here