Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We have a new Governator here in California,

Bare

Nov 12, 2003
California
Arnold Schwarzenegger. Austrian born Hollyweird type. A Democrat in a Republican suit. We all wish him well but we all will 'wait and see.'

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
We do read the news here. Think you should of posted that post a couple of months back as it's hardly breaking news now is it ? ???

Next you'll be telling us we got relegated last season :ohmy: :lolol:

Gouranga :smokin:

I hope you are right about him being a Dem in a Rep outfit.

The jury is out, but I wanna see the car tax halved at least.

I hope he ran and got in there for the long haul, and not just so he can say "I won the election".
Either way, as was shown with Grey Davis - he can be terminated.

Bare

Nov 12, 2003
California
He was sworn in today at 11:20am California time. That made it 'Official.'

Does he know anything about politics? As much as any who ascend to an office. Our only requirements are that he be of a certain age and a US citizen. So yes, I'm qualified.

I think his heart is in the right place. If he get good advise and thinks thing through we should be OK. If he leaves our guns alone, that would be a good step.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Bare said:
..... If he leaves our guns alone, that would be a good step.

Quite. How can you have High School massacres, workplace massacres and sniper attacks if you haven't got any guns?

Bare said:
If he leaves our guns alone, that would be a good step.

Yep, High school massacre's are as American as apple pie eh Bud? It'd be sooooooo against your constitutional rights to have this traditional pastime taken away from you by some godam pinko liberal! Still, the last Austraian born politician of note who emigrated from his homeland was Adolf Hitler. Sounds to me your way of thinking may be more in line with him than Arnie??

Bare

Nov 12, 2003
California
Inalienable rights; that cannot be transfered to another or others.

I was born with inalienable rights. Doesn't matter if I was born here or there. I was endowed by my creator with certain inalienable rights. That makes me a free man and not a subject to ANYONE.

Hitler took all the guns away from the Jews whom he hated. All in an effort to make Germany a safer place to live.

My, my, what have we learned here?

Those who give up their liberties for a little security soon have neither.

Bill of Rights
Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Are you a member of the militia, Bare.

No ? didn't think so.

then you don't have the right to bear arms.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bare said:

I was born with inalienable rights.
If there's one man who'll keep people inalienable, its Arnie.
Boy, would I hate to be an alien in California now !

Bare

Nov 12, 2003
California
Storer68, that's a lame interpretation. The second was written in English. Let me educate you.

The sentance has two subjects. Can you spot them?
1) Militia
2) Right

#1 "a well regulated Militia," it's important for any country or state to defend it's self, (you agree?) shall not be infringed.
#2 "the right of the people," to defend themselves as well, (you agree?) shall not be infringed.

The US Supreme Court, consisting of educated men and women, refused to listen to this argument. Obviously the English was plain to them.

Now, I walk into your home intent on doing you and yours harm, what are you going to do?

You see, in this country we have the inalienable right endowed by our Creator to defend ours and ourselves. We don't need anybodies permission to do that. And The Bill of Rights acknowledges that thoroughly.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bare said:

Now, I walk into your home intent on doing you and yours harm, what are you going to do?
I'd twat you.
You see, in this country we have the inalienable right endowed by our Creator [/B]

Who the hell is your "Creator" then ? Is he our Creator as well ?

This blokes barmy. Top entertainment though.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Bare said:
Storer68, that's a lame interpretation. The second was written in English. Let me educate you.

The sentance has two subjects. Can you spot them?
1) Militia
2) Right

#1 "a well regulated Militia," it's important for any country or state to defend it's self, (you agree?) shall not be infringed.
#2 "the right of the people," to defend themselves as well, (you agree?) shall not be infringed.

The US Supreme Court, consisting of educated men and women, refused to listen to this argument. Obviously the English was plain to them.

You see, in this country we have the inalienable right endowed by our Creator to defend ours and ourselves. We don't need anybodies permission to do that. And The Bill of Rights acknowledges that thoroughly.

Firstly, what you are talking about is an AMENDMENT to the constitution. AMENDMENT means a change or revision, the constitution was designed to be changed as the founding fathers realized that what made sense in their day might not be relevant a couple of hundred years later. Therefore it isn't an inalienable right and it can be removed by another AMENDMENT just as prohibition was added by an amendment and then removed by another amendment :drink: Perhaps you feel that stripped you of you inalienable right to not get drunk? So while the right to bear arms made sense 200 years ago when much of the country was still empty and lawless, it's no longer valid today (the right to arm bears never made sense though, IMO). It is the job of the police to protect your home and family so you don't need to keep a gun to do it yourself (something often causes more danger in the home).
Secondly, I'm an atheist and I don't believe I have a creator that gave me anything. So do I have no rights then? It always amazes me how the people who are most defensive of the "Right to bare arms" are usually the most willing to rip up "Seperation of church and state". Isn't it ironic?

Bare

Nov 12, 2003
California
Easy 10, I'm not sure what that means but if you don't have a gun, you lose. Sorry, I'm not going to wait for you to call the police or wait for them to show up. Bye, bye.

You see in this country the government is empowered, operates with our permission. 'We the people' created it. That's why Lincoln said in his Gettysburg Address "of the people, by the people and for the people."

That's right, a lot of this country is still empty and lawless so it makes more sense today then ever before. You ever been back in gold mining country? There are people there who'll rob you and kill you for what ever poke they can grab. If it wasn't for a gun, you and I wouldn't be having this conversation. That's right no police to call.

If you're an Atheist, call it birthright. What ever. And have one on me.

:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here