Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We definately find out the decision on Monday

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
This is totally f***ing ridiculous - if it's a non-commital answer then that's as good as no answer at all.

Total bloody waste of time and we're still waiting like we have been for the last 5 years:angry: :angry:

This is still gonna be going on at the end of this season and to think I was stupid enough to think over the last couple of days that this whole ridiculous saga might be comoing to an end :angry: :angry:

Where's your bollocks Prescott? Be a man and just make a f***ing decision!! :angry: :angry:

Yorkie said:
There is no appeal. I have found this from Lord Bracknell posted back in January

Can there be an appeal
What I said in January is true. There is no appeal against a planning decision by the ODPM.

But any citizen has the right to seek a Judicial Review of any action by a public body (including a planning decision by the ODPM).

In practical terms, a Judicial Review against a YES decision could seriously delay the Falmer project, because it is likely to delay the finalisation of the finance package that will enable work to start.

This would be the case regardless of whether the Judicial Review was successful.

We could face a rocky time, even if the decision is YES.

Last edited:

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
could this be the reason for a non commital answer as they are making sure there are no grounds for a judical review?

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
BensGrandad said:
Which will come first the decision or the shop having the new replica strips.
decision , then home shirt being shown within a couple of mins of getting it :clap2:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
You can't have a completely "non-commital" answer. Some sort of answer has got to emerge!!

But for sure, the worst thing that could happen after a "yes" decision is a judicial review. That would be "non-commital" and could drag on for up to a year!

Last edited:

sullyupthewing

Jul 5, 2003
brighton and worthing
I think there will be a lot of nailbiting from us tomorrow, I am going to have SCR on all day at work even though it means listening to Mrs Smiths of Camberly favourite cake recipe.
g\night and lets hope we hear somthing tomorrow.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I logged onto this expecting to be reassured that the decision was imminent and we could all start planning for the future. Now I'm all pissed off that it could well be a "non-commital" decision, and now I know there is the possibility (I'd say strong likelihood) that the locals could rally together for a Judicial Review which would delay things further.

I wish I'd stuck to my guns and left myself thinking "it'll happen when it happens, I'm sick of winding myself up over it."

Instead, I'm just more pissed off and angry than I've been for ages. How on Earth can building a football stadium be so damn hard. Does anyone think we could really build facilities for an Olympic bid in this country?

Farce, just a complete bloody farce. I'm sick of it.

:drink:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Blimey, get back from a weekend at WOMAD and find it's all kicking off on here.

Yes, there could be a judicial review but if the nimbies went for a JR there could face the prospect of paying both sides costs if the JR went against them.

I also don't think that the costs of the review could automatically be put on Falmer parish rates as the cost of the hearing was. Consequently, individual citizens might have to fund the cost of such a review themselves - and face the possibility of a bill of a few million quid if they lose.

A judicial review is not granted automatically. A judge has to decide whether there are grounds for such action. There is a positive precedent here: only three months ago, a judge ruled that there was no case for a judicial review after Prescott went against the recommendation of his planning inspectors and gave the go-ahead for an asylum centre in Bicester. (read the full story here http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,1186901,00.html). In that case, the council lost as there had been no breaches in planning law and the secretary of state had been entitled to act as he did.

The Falmer residents could seek a judicial review but they might like to bear that precedent in mind. It could prove to be a costly move for them.

Stumpy Tim

Gwylan said:
Blimey, get back from a weekend at WOMAD and find it's all kicking off on here.

Yes, there could be a judicial review but if the nimbies went for a JR there could face the prospect of paying both sides costs if the JR went against them.

I also don't think that the costs of the review could automatically be put on Falmer parish rates as the cost of the hearing was. Consequently, individual citizens might have to fund the cost of such a review themselves - and face the possibility of a bill of a few million quid if they lose.

A judicial review is not granted automatically. A judge has to decide whether there are grounds for such action. There is a positive precedent here: only three months ago, a judge ruled that there was no case for a judicial review after Prescott went against the recommendation of his planning inspectors and gave the go-ahead for an asylum centre in Bicester. (read the full story here http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,1186901,00.html). In that case, the council lost as there had been no breaches in planning law and the secretary of state had been entitled to act as he did.

The Falmer residents could seek a judicial review but they might like to bear that precedent in mind. It could prove to be a costly move for them.

Great post. I'll sleep better tonight, and wake up with the good news that we're building a new stadium at Falmer :clap2:

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Im sure Falmer residents pay more council tax than other Brighton & Hove residents, because of the costs of having fought this battle so far.

They could end up paying both sides' legal costs if they take it to a judicial review and then lose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here