Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We definately find out the decision on Monday

Wasn't that all covered in the original inquiry? This would be like just starting another bloody inquiry :angry:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Surely a non committal announcement is not a decision.

I am keeping the faith and believing it will be the decision and it will be yes.

:clap2:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I just cant help feeling it will just be another delay.After all this a simple 'yes - go ahead and build' just seems unlikely.If it is a yes i think i will faint.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Robert Lester Zamora said:
Are we sure it's not a legal proceeding?

any decision can be appealed to the high court for a judical review (by wither side!) - and the high court would then decide whether the proceedings were carried out correctly or not and whether an appeal would be granted (i.e. a new Inquiry)

There is no appeal. I have found this from Lord Bracknell posted back in January

Can there be an appeal

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
get ready for another delay as its not yes and its not no they did really well keeping it a secret.tell everyone corcerned on friday and let it leak out over the weekend

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Surely if it was going to be some wishy-washy not yes, not no announcement why wait until Monday or Tuesday? Why not just make an immediate announcement that the main announcement will be delayed and there will be another announcement in the next 4 to 6 weeks as to when the real announcement can be expected?:p :jester:

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
apparently they wanted to say yes but thanks to mr hoile putting a big spanner in the works we will have to provide some more justification why it should be at falmer.i don't know the ins and outs of this i just know its going to be a non commital answer and its going to drag on some more.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
mitch said:
apparently they wanted to say yes but thanks to mr hoile putting a big spanner in the works we will have to provide some more justification why it should be at falmer.i don't know the ins and outs of this i just know its going to be a non commital answer and its going to drag on some more.

I'm sorry but I think that is complete tosh.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yorkie said:
There is no appeal. I have found this from Lord Bracknell posted back in January

Can there be an appeal

And interestingly, on the 10th Jan in that thread, Biscuit said he'd heard that a decision could be made 'next week'.

We've suffered enough FFS-either way, let's know what the future of BHAFC is tomorrow or Tuesday. At least we'll know what has to be done instead of all of this speculation/ anticipation/ hope/ gloom and doom/ despair etc.

Enough already-LET US KNOW!

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
ok tomorrow is only a day away i was told this over the weekend and told not to put it on here but as other people already know i thought what the heck if i'm proved wrong then i will get slated.don't shot the messenger your find out soon enough anyway

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yorkie said:
I'm sorry but I think that is complete tosh.

I'm inclined to agree with you Yorkie-there is no justification on anybody's part to ask the Albion to add more proof that Falmer is the only suitable site.

Waterhall is ruled out because it is North of the by-pass and as anybody with half a brain knows, there is nowhere else.

political suicide to delay the decision imho

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
i'm in a no win situation here it would have been better if i had not posted at all which was what i was going to do.but i thought better of it and on a different thread the bbc are ringing people for comment re falmer so the rumour is out anyway.if i know the outcome why should'nt everyone else.
and yes there is no reason why it should not be falmer.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Theorectical question, but won't the stadium plans have to be completely redrawn seeing as the "lopsided" design is due to the landscape at the Falmer site.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here