Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We badly need full-back cover, particularly RB

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Mr Calderon is becoming a liability. That's three goals he has directly been responsible for in recent games. Not good enough by far.

Sure the goals he has scored have been an immense help, but we need a RB who can defend as well. He'll be a serious liability in the Championship unless he gets his act together.

A top class RB signing to challenge him is vital.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We must be talking about a different player as Calde IMO is one of the best RB's outside the prem lg. Also I think it wasn't a coincidence that the 2 main mistakes he has made all season have come when we effectively have nothnig to play for.

Agreed we do need fullback cover though - especially if McNulty does go.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Mr Calderon is becoming a liability. That's three goals he has directly been responsible for in recent games. Not good enough by far.

Sure the goals he has scored have been an immense help, but we need a RB who can defend as well. He'll be a serious liability in the Championship unless he gets his act together.

You mean the same player who was deemed the best RB in League 1 by his fellow pro's and 10th best player in the entire league by 4-4-2 magazine? Yeah, get rid.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Hmm, I don't think you can read too much into the recent mistakes - they smack of mentally switching off, not something we've seen from Calde in games that actually mattered .
I think he's an excellent defender, whether he will have to rein in his attacking or risk being caught out of position in the Championship I don't know.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hmm, I don't think you can read too much into the recent mistakes - they smack of mentally switching off, not something we've seen from Calde in games that actually mattered .
I think he's an excellent defender, whether he will have to rein in his attacking or risk being caught out of position in the Championship I don't know.

Agreed Bob. Agreed.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Wind up thread.

Bennett is more than an able deputy in emergencies, though I agree not ideal as we don't want to lose his attacking skills.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

Dear Mr. Goldstone,

Don't smoke crack.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
You mean the same player who was deemed the best RB in League 1 by his fellow pro's and 10th best player in the entire league by 4-4-2 magazine? Yeah, get rid.

I didn't say "get rid", but the number of schoolboy errors he has made recently (directly leading to goals) makes it imperative that we have a player in the squad to challenge him for that position. It's not a healthy or wise situation to have the limited full-back cover which we had this season.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset

Spot on....fact ;

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
the number of schoolboy errors he has made recently (directly leading to goals) makes it imperative that we have a player in the squad to challenge him for that position.
:lol:PLEASE stop!

Can you not notice that when it's MATTERED he has been IMMENSE. He has only ballsed up since we won the title.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Calderon is probably the best right back to ever wear the Blue and White Stripes. I shall mark a cease and desist order on Goldstone for what is essentially a rubbish thread. Leave the Spanish Maestro alone.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You're deliberately missing the point Mejona. My comment was a direct response to yours, that he had made NO mistakes earlier in the season which is untrue.

The FACT is, that much as we all love Calde (he's probably my favourite current player) he is NOT the most defensively sound of full-backs. Personally, I think his overall game is good enough to more than balance any such deficiencies. Others are entitled to disagree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here