Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We are not good enough…..

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I was about to give the OP the benefit of the doubt and assumed he's a youngster, maybe even under 18, but then I saw they joined NSC in 2007.

Some people will NEVER be happy with what we're doing, and it's so bizarre considering where we've come from. I want it explained to me, because I don't understand. At all.
It doesn’t matter what league we play in discussing what happens on the pitch has always happened amongst supporters, good or bad.
Are you saying because we were shit for years we now have to put up and shut up?

There are holes in Fabian’s tactics and the last three games have all gone the same way which is worrying.
Looking at the next few fixtures it’s hard to see where the points will come from after watching the last few games.

Am I aloud to say that or do we have to back slap the club at every opportunity now :shrug:

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
It doesn’t matter what league we play in discussing what happens on the pitch has always happened amongst supporters, good or bad.
Are you saying because we were shit for years we now have to put up and shut up?

There are holes in Fabian’s tactics and the last three games have all gone the same way which is worrying.
Looking at the next few fixtures it’s hard to see where the points will come from after watching the last few games.

Am I aloud to say that or do we have to back slap the club at every opportunity now :shrug:
Well you've been here moaning for twelve years so clearly you are allowed to say that?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

There is a difference between making critical comments (and MOTD showed how we conceded all the goals we have conceded this season by pushing a slow back 4 too high up the pitch - this is clearly an issue to fix) and whining like a gimp with an over-smacked arse. :shrug:

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I think the only observation of the team I have at the moment is that we're giving the
ball away a lot and that seems to come from passing it around and not controlling/trapping
the ball which creates 50/50s. That's very frustrating to watch - but easily fixed.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I think the only observation of the team I have at the moment is that we're giving the
ball away a lot and that seems to come from passing it around and not controlling/trapping
the ball which creates 50/50s. That's very frustrating to watch - but easily fixed.
But we're attempting more forward passes and more quicker passes. We're horseshoeing around the opponent penalty box much less.

We're bound to give it away more

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea

You are ALLOWED to TYPE that. Now that's out the way....... I'm not that concerned, yet.

Ipswich - virtually the entire team were away (and Pedro came back injured), in the most case in different continents, whereas the oppo were fresh. We never looked like losing that game.
Wolves - a completely different back 5. Players who hardly play anymore (Webster, Igor) and some that are probably not quite good enough (Moder) and some that are returning from longish term injury (Fergie, Pervis, Ensico) all expected to immediately gel, dominate and beat an EPL side? Actually barring a couple of defensive cock ups they did.
Forest - I'll give you this one, a little bit, however we dominated for large periods, against a team which had just beaten Liverpool at Anfield (albeit see my point about international breaks above). How many saves did Bart have to make? It was Pervis's 2nd start in 6 months, it was Rutter's 2nd start EVER for us, still no Pedro. We SHOULD have won it, but didn't.

In summary we don't have a settled team yet. Ask me again around the end of November.

I don't see tactics having a massive negative impact in any of those games. If you're listening to that grunt Shearer then don't, he won't have a f***ing clue about FB or our tactics, he'll have watched 10 mins of highlights and been briefed by some big 6 supporting 'researcher'. Had we played Saturday we'd have had about 30 seconds of 'punditry' on our game.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
You are ALLOWED to TYPE that. Now that's out the way....... I'm not that concerned, yet.

Ipswich - virtually the entire team were away (and Pedro came back injured), in the most case in different continents, whereas the oppo were fresh. We never looked like losing that game.
Wolves - a completely different back 5. Players who hardly play anymore (Webster, Igor) and some that are probably not quite good enough (Moder) and some that are returning from longish term injury (Fergie, Pervis, Ensico) all expected to immediately gel, dominate and beat an EPL side? Actually barring a couple of defensive cock ups they did.
Forest - I'll give you this one, a little bit, however we dominated for large periods, against a team which had just beaten Liverpool at Anfield (albeit see my point about international breaks above). How many saves did Bart have to make? It was Pervis's 2nd start in 6 months, it was Rutter's 2nd start EVER for us, still no Pedro. We SHOULD have won it, but didn't.

In summary we don't have a settled team yet. Ask me again around the end of November.

I don't see tactics having a massive negative impact in any of those games. If you're listening to that grunt Shearer then don't, he won't have a f***ing clue about FB or our tactics, he'll have watched 10 mins of highlights and been briefed by some big 6 supporting 'researcher'. Had we played Saturday we'd have had about 30 seconds of 'punditry' on our game.
I didn’t watch MOTD I watched the game you could see from early doors what Forest were up to and we fell for it.
Nuno had done his homework on our last few games. I was disappointed our coach didn’t react as after all that is what he gets paid for.
Anyhow good to discuss a game with supporters without the usual oh my god did you not watch us 30 years ago what more do you want which some on here are guilty of.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I do blame the ref , but that`s just my opinion .

How can you be so negative with the lad`s we have to come back in the next few weeks/months , just at the time when we will need them the most . As for 33 more draws , i bet Southampton would bite ya hand off for that .
You can blame the ref all you like.
It’s a penalty- end off.

If you play like that you need to score 3 or 4 goals to win games.

But we are not good enough to take the chances.

2 points from Ipswich and forest when you presume the aim is top 6 is not good enough.

Yipee we still unbeaten.
33 more draws sees us relegated.

Chelsea will tear us apart next week.
But let’s not look within, it’s the refs fault.I

It’s a penalty- end off.

2 points from Ipswich and forest when you presume the aim is top 6 is not good enough.

Yipee we still unbeaten.

But let’s not look within, it’s the refs fault.

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
It’s a penalty- end off.

Yipee we still unbeaten.

But let’s not look within, it’s the refs fault.
I’d hazard a guess that you’re a glass half empty type of person.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I didn’t watch MOTD I watched the game you could see from early doors what Forest were up to and we fell for it.
Nuno had done his homework on our last few games. I was disappointed our coach didn’t react as after all that is what he gets paid for.
Anyhow good to discuss a game with supporters without the usual oh my god did you not watch us 30 years ago what more do you want which some on here are guilty of.
I know what you're saying but I watched a game that we largely dominated. Both of their goals were from individual mistakes not tactics. Baleba for the pen and firstly JPvH and then Veltman for the 2nd. (JPvH left his man and Veltman dropped behind Dunk playing them on). How many chances did Forect miss or Bart save? One maybe. Did you even notice Elanga was on the pitch?

What isn't helping is this ridiculous lino rule of not putting a flag up when the player is YARDS offside. It leads to the fans and maybe the team becoming 'twitchy'.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
If the football had been shit, I'd understand the worries a lot more.

The performance was a lot better than both against Arsenal and Ipswich though and everything is looking a lot better than last season.

Nottingham had four attempts against us, with 29% possession. Nearly exactly a year before, AEK had 24% possession against us - and 11 attempts.

We're creating more chances, conceding less, and there's definitely more to come in terms of team cohesion which is something that will be very important to us the way we play: the lads need to be able to find eachother almost blindfolded to create the dynamics we clearly want to.

Nottingham Forest is one of the strongest counter attack teams in the league and are going to pick a lot of points from possession oriented teams. Hell, I could even see them getting something at Anfield... so its not exactly like you can just expect a win, like OP and some others seem to have done.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
TBF Nuno has managed over 200 league games in England vs Fab’s….er……4. Early days.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
TBF Nuno has managed over 200 league games in England vs Fab’s….er……4. Early days.
I don’t think it was a hard decision to sit the defensive line back 10 yards more so once we went ahead. I was reading he would be more defensive than RDZ although the evidence isn’t there as yet. I hope he’s not another one who has one way of playing as that seems to suit the manager’s ambitions rather than the clubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here