Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We are no better than last season

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We stil have a Championship forward line, so it is not a big surprise we haven't got more points. We flatter to deceive, every time. Not one of Maupay, Welbeck or Trossard even managed a 7 out of 10 in a huge match against a shite team.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If you enjoyed that second half you’re either blind, lying or deluded and I didn’t have you down for any one of those three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow.

We were dogshit in the first half, but....???

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If you enjoyed that second half you’re either blind, lying or deluded and I didn’t have you down for any one of those three.

I do struggle with my eyesight more and more these days. I may have to bat tomorrow too !

Really? ****ing hell.

I think that was one of the MOST frustrating matches I've ever watched. Shouted out about five times at the top of my voice (sorry neighbours). How on earth could you ENJOY that? :shrug:

Frustrating, yes. But I think my placid nature has gone into overdrive as I've got older. I just don't get annoyed when Albion lose anymore, it's just nice watching them play each week- especially since they started to play decent football.

A friend did say of me that if someone chopped of my arms I'd be evangelising about how nice it was of them to leave my legs. Perhaps I should avoid NSC for an hour after a defeat, I obviously make things worse. I just think reasonable folk (and you are most reasonable) get a little too upset about things.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Agree, we are no better and our points total won't be better than last season which will prove it. We have to sign a better striker in summer or it'll be same again next season.

Rubbish. We are better in so many ways, better defensively, competitive in almost every match, dominate most games.

The only place we aren’t better is scoring goals and I agree if we don’t invest we won’t improve next season.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
We are a mentally weak side! We struggle when we are the side that should win!

100% this. As soon as there is any sense of expectation the team and coaching staff really let us down, spectacularly. It's almost as if they've spent the past 4 years saying to teams "oh no, please dont hurt us" that when it comes to doing the business, we fail. Tonight was disgraceful, am ashamed to be a Brighton fan after that, happens so often last few seasons. Pathetic.

Imagine one of the shitist teams in PL history has taken 4 points off us this season. There is simply no excuse for that.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I think we're much better than last season, have had some bad luck and should be much higher up the table.

Tonight was a total and utter shitshow and overall, we need to be better at beating teams who sit deep, but worse than last season? Nah.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
BHA with 34 points & 5 games left still need 8 points to overhaul last seasons tally:

2019/20 41 points 15th
2018/19 36 points 17th
2017/18 40 points 15th

.... looks like we have/will be going backwards from last seasons lofty points & place in the table.

Can’t see why some are blinded by Potter.

I have not seen one poster on NSC blinded by Potter.

Unless you mean people who don't think he should have been sacked last season.

I have told you a million billion times to not exaggerate ???

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I have hated this season , most frustrating season I can remember in the 50 years I have been watching them

We had a worse one just 2 years ago.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
And arguably worse. Fact.

I think all 4 seasons have overall been very similar. With CH you knew weren't going to score many as he focused more on the defence, with GP the attacking intent is there but still the inability to hit a barn door continues to cost us.

Goals scored in each of our 4 seasons in the Prem :

2017/18 34
2018/19 35
2019/20 39
2020/21 33 (so far).

We are on a par with the squad we have, and I genuinely expect something similar again next season. Do people really expect much more?

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
I have hated this season , most frustrating season I can remember in the 50 years I have been watching them

Before lockdown I was no longer enjoying going to the Amex so just grateful to have not been there this season tbh. Realise I'm in the minority but just don't understand the enjoyment of the Potter era for the most part.

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
You were swung by the result of one game?

So you were Potter in before tonight?

That’s a tad knee jerk.

Potter out as always. You deluded fool.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I think Potter is safe in his job as he has a fat contract. He has many good points but he isn’t the genius some think on here and should be questioned about results and performances like tonight. I would hope and expect that TB gets him in at the end of the season and tells him that this year hasn’t been good enough and he needs to improve his win percentage.
I fully expect him to be here next season but he needs to be held to account.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here