Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

we are going up

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
How well would Palace have done if, in 1997, they had left Selhurst Park because a pair of asset-stripping directors had sold the ground and made off with the money; if they had played at Gillingham for two seasons; if, since 1999, they had been playing in a tiny stadium made of Lego? They would not have come back from the brink of non-league football to play three seasons in the Championship, that's for sure.

Whenever I ask Palace fans this question, I never get an answer.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I have always resisted the temptation to despise Palace. But the ungracious reaction of their fans to our getting the go-ahead for the new stadium shows what a bunch of one-eyed retards most of their fans are. I think they are worried that, once we are playing at Falmer, we will leave them behind in the mid-Seventies, where they belong.

muttley.gif

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton

You have got every right to laugh there mate, what a crock of shite, it makes me laugh how some Brighton fans think that by getting a new stadium then all of a sudden you will be transformed into a top of the Championship, pushing for the Premiership type club!

Ask Huddersfield, Swansea and the like about that! As Mark Benson says on the Nationwide ads 'it doesn't work like that'

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
You have got every right to laugh there mate, what a crock of shite, it makes me laugh how some Brighton fans think that by getting a new stadium then all of a sudden you will be transformed into a top of the Championship, pushing for the Premiership type club!

Ask Huddersfield, Swansea and the like about that! As Mark Benson says on the Nationwide ads 'it doesn't work like that'

But, then again ask Wigan, Reading, Derby, Sunderland, Bolton... I can continue.

:thumbsup: :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here