Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

we are going up

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Albion had just been promoted to the Champioship. he did not walk straight into another job (although who's to say the offer hadn't already been made) but he ended up at Hull in the basement division.

I think he bottled it, taking over the big fish in a small pond rather than pitching his skills at a much higher level and a more difficult task.

he either had a lack of self belief or he knew he wasn't up to it.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Albion had just been promoted to the Champioship. he did not walk straight into another job (although who's to say the offer hadn't already been made) but he ended up at Hull in the basement division.

I think he bottled it, taking over the big fish in a small pond rather than pitching his skills at a much higher level and a more difficult task.

he either had a lack of self belief or he knew he wasn't up to it.

Or he knew Hull had just got their spanking new ground and would have money to spend?

Who knows Freddie

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Or he knew Hull had just got their spanking new ground and would have money to spend?

Who knows Freddie

As said he accepted Hull's offer quite a bit later. The assistant manager to Sven was due to step down straight after the World Cup and that was what PT wanted. I have posted this before on Nsc and been backed up.
The assistant didn't stand down immediately but PT was offered the under 21's job. That in itself wasn't enough so he had to hunt for a job eventually taking the Hull job.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
As said he accepted Hull's offer quite a bit later. The assistant manager to Sven was due to step down straight after the World Cup and that was what PT wanted. I have posted this before on Nsc and been backed up.
The assistant didn't stand down immediately but PT was offered the under 21's job. That in itself wasn't enough so he had to hunt for a job eventually taking the Hull job.

I bow to your knowledge then Yorks

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I bow to your knowledge then Yorks[/Q

I really fail to understand why so many Albion fans can't see that Taylor was 100% honourable in the way he left and his reasons for doing it. Knight had sold him Falmer within 3 years when he joined, it was bullshit. He then gave him a budget that he felt he couldn't work with, why does that make him a bottler? He was proved right because DK went for the cheap option and then had to increase the budget significantly to get Coppell to sort out the mess that DK made that blinkered fans blamed on Taylor, being a bottler. DK is totally at fault for the fiasco that resulted in a last minute cheap appointment when he had all summer to sign a decent manager. That in itself vindicates Taylor's decision to walk away from a chairman who was unable to fund/grasp what was needed to sustain a team in the Championship.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Not arguing about the rights and wrongs of PT's actions but to say DK had all summer is being unkind.
He nearly lost his granddaughter with meningitus. There was also the debacle with the Cameroon manager. He then panicked and appointed Hinsh.
DK admitted his mistake and apologised for it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not arguing about the rights and wrongs of PT's actions but to say DK had all summer is being unkind.
He nearly lost his granddaughter with meningitus. There was also the debacle with the Cameroon manager. He then panicked and appointed Hinsh.
DK admitted his mistake and apologised for it.

I wasn't really looking to have a go at DK, more to justify that PT was NOT bottling it by walking away.

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
Brighton done really well! :thumbsup: :laugh:
How well would Palace have done if, in 1997, they had left Selhurst Park because a pair of asset-stripping directors had sold the ground and made off with the money; if they had played at Gillingham for two seasons; if, since 1999, they had been playing in a tiny stadium made of Lego? They would not have come back from the brink of non-league football to play three seasons in the Championship, that's for sure.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
The only one that is being a twat is you fella,

That so?

you obviously have nothing to add to the debate

What debate? It's a fan mentioning their first days result.

Get a life.

so you try and purvey a higher intelligence by picking out typos and grammar errors.

I have no need to "try and purvey" anything.

Still your name is side-splittingly funny :rolleyes:

Excuse me, Mr Kettle, I believe Mr Pot would like a word concerning your state of blackness.

Fork Me

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
I have always resisted the temptation to despise Palace. But the ungracious reaction of their fans to our getting the go-ahead for the new stadium shows what a bunch of one-eyed retards most of their fans are. I think they are worried that, once we are playing at Falmer, we will leave them behind in the mid-Seventies, where they belong.

To be fair, I saw a few Palace on the marches to the Centre during conferences.

I also work with a Palace fan (and teach a few) and while there's always banter back and forth, all the Palace fans I know are please with the decision.

Fork me

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
That so?

What debate? It's a fan mentioning their first days result.

Get a life.

I have no need to "try and purvey" anything.

Excuse me, Mr Kettle, I believe Mr Pot would like a word concerning your state of blackness.

Fork Me

Me get a life? Coming from a bloke who picks faults in their spelling i find that a tad rich, but hey ho i am sure you are an interesting bloke really!

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
To be fair, I saw a few Palace on the marches to the Centre during conferences.

I also work with a Palace fan (and teach a few) and while there's always banter back and forth, all the Palace fans I know are please with the decision.

Fork me

Thick Palarse twats though aren't they?

By the way it's pleased with the decision, not please! :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here