Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

we are going up

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
4-1 to the palace ,nice to get of to a good start:yahoo:

how did brighton do?;)

Good result. I'd be happy with it. However, being realistic you were gifted the last three goals through some shocking defending/goalkeeping. I'll reserve judgment til a few more games into the season when you've faced some decent opposition.

I'd say it's more likely that this thread will come back to haunt you than you end up getting promoted..... :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I find myself in the difficult position of wanting the scum to get hammered every week and yet I'm pleased for Taylor when they do well. Quality manager who was too smart to swallow the bullshit he was fed here. Understandable bullshit but still bullshit. Tactically nearly as good as Coppell when he was here and better than anyone else for decades.

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
I have always resisted the temptation to despise Palace. But the ungracious reaction of their fans to our getting the go-ahead for the new stadium shows what a bunch of one-eyed retards most of their fans are. I think they are worried that, once we are playing at Falmer, we will leave them behind in the mid-Seventies, where they belong.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I have always resisted the temptation to despise Palace. But the ungracious reaction of their fans to our getting the go-ahead for the new stadium shows what a bunch of one-eyed retards most of their fans are.

I can't say that I've seen that.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
I have always resisted the temptation to despise Palace. But the ungracious reaction of their fans to our getting the go-ahead for the new stadium shows what a bunch of one-eyed retards most of their fans are. I think they are worried that, once we are playing at Falmer, we will leave them behind in the mid-Seventies, where they belong.

You don't read this board very often then mate, and on Palace's main board the BBS quite a majority were very gracious concerning Falmer. I believe more than a few went on the protest marches with Brighton fans?

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
I find myself in the difficult position of wanting the scum to get hammered every week and yet I'm pleased for Taylor when they do well. Quality manager who was too smart to swallow the bullshit he was fed here. Understandable bullshit but still bullshit. Tactically nearly as good as Coppell when he was here and better than anyone else for decades.

Crikey i think comparing his tactical nous to Coppell is a bit strong but i sort of get where you are coming from.

I will look at the league table in November and judge then on our chances.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Crikey i think comparing his tactical nous to Coppell is a bit strong but i sort of get where you are coming from.

I will look at the league table in November and judge then on our chances.

I can only judge on what the two of them did for the Albion. Some would tell you the team didn't need a manager and Adams won the title although he was at Leicester. But imo Taylor got the 4th or 5th best team in the league promoted as Champions, Coppell had a tough job but although he did have us out of the relegation places a few games from the end of the season couldn't keep us up. Overall PT may not be as good but when he was here he was the perfect man for the job! I think he ran SC close as an Albion manager

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
I can only judge on what the two of them did for the Albion. Some would tell you the team didn't need a manager and Adams won the title although he was at Leicester. But imo Taylor got the 4th or 5th best team in the league promoted as Champions, Coppell had a tough job but although he did have us out of the relegation places a few games from the end of the season couldn't keep us up. Overall PT may not be as good but when he was here he was the perfect man for the job!

Taylor took some unmerited slating from Palace fans for most of last season (including from me at times) but to be fair to the bloke i can see what he is trying to do, he needed to re-build after Dowie and like most fans they expect an instant fix but like everything it needs time and i think if Jordan stays patient with him he will bring success.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Taylor took some unmerited slating from Palace fans for most of last season (including from me at times) but to be fair to the bloke i can see what he is trying to do, he needed to re-build after Dowie and like most fans they expect an instant fix but like everything it needs time and i think if Jordan stays patient with him he will bring success.

Unfortunately I am sure he will :(

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

Nah, you're doomed.

Oct 25, 2003
i liked taylor, even if we did play literally the most boring football ever(reading 3-1 aside)

that run of about a MILLION games where we won 1-0 was boredom personified

did a great job though, knew what it would take to get out of the league, and did it

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
i liked taylor, even if we did play literally the most boring football ever(reading 3-1 aside)

that run of about a MILLION games where we won 1-0 was boredom personified

did a great job though, knew what it would take to get out of the league, and did it

That was the bugbear for Palace fans last season was the safety first brand of football that Taylor seemed to employ, having said that he seemed to change tactics the last half dozen games or so and we played some good stuff.

And winning 4-1 away from home first up doesn't smack of negative football to be fair.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Taylor lacks bottle. is ok when the going is good but, when things go bad, he is found wanting.

I think that's why he left us after promotion. He knew it would be a struggle and he wasn't up to it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here