Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WBA in for Gus

That's my point Smudge - Gus has not been linked to another club - only in your thread title. Move on now.

Notable.
There are going to be loads of fears raised EVERY time a manager gets the big 'e' in the upper areas of the league.
WE, do not need to fear much any more, not now WE are an attractive club that most top managers could not be disappointed to go to.
Remember Clough and Taylor coming to lowly BHAFC when we were not all that? Because we had a decent chairman with progressive plans, in Mike Bamber :bowdown: - and again we not only have good ownership but an amazing venue to play in!
Would Gus walk from that? Not easily. Like he himself has suggested; only if an amazing can't-refuse offer got tabled.
Coppell left for a better offer and ended up disenchanted. I imagine he looks longingly at us from his armchair right now, as the Giro slips through his letterbox.

VERY FEW clubs in the UK have what it might take to take a sensible manager away from us. Fact.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
probably been mentioned but cant be arsed to read the thread, Sky Sports News last night had Gus at 16/1 and bottom of about 6 or 7 names last night.

Exactly and it was not even mentioned on Talksport. Gus has said time and time again it would need to be something very special. Not being rude but I don't see West Brom as being special in their current position. He could go from hero to zero in a few months. It won't happen. I consider very special as Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham, Man City, Arsenal, Man UTD.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Bloom made a statement to Gus when he refused to sell Bennett despite million pound offers and a transfer request. Gus will recognise that and stay loyal if an approach comes in for him.

Sadly I don't believe what I've just written, but in a perfect world......

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Remember Clough and Taylor coming to lowly BHAFC when we were not all that? Because we had a decent chairman with progressive plans, in Mike Bamber :bowdown: - and again we not only have good ownership but an amazing venue to play in!

Not a good example really, Clough lasted less than a year - he was off as soon as he got a better offer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here