Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WBA in for Gus

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
If they did come in for him I can see Poyet going unfortunately - an offer of Premiership football too good to turn down.

However, I'm hoping that they won't, mainly because they have sacked a manager quite late with the club very much in a relegation struggle. At times like these I'd assume they are looking for someone with a bit of experience in the Premiership who can steady the ship and keep them up - although Poyet would build them a fantastic team there's no garantee he would be able to do so in time. I can see it being more of an Allardyce figure (although not sure if WBA would enjoy his brand of football).

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Didnt you hear the Canadian National team is in for Gus as well! All he can drink Maple Syrup and Beaver Tails is the wage though Gus is pushing for unlimited Tim Hortons Coffee as well.....

:thumbsup:

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
I think they'll get a more experienced manager, surely Gus is too similar to di matteo.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If they did come in for him I can see Poyet going unfortunately - an offer of Premiership football too good to turn down.

However, I'm hoping that they won't, mainly because they have sacked a manager quite late with the club very much in a relegation struggle. At times like these I'd assume they are looking for someone with a bit of experience in the Premiership who can steady the ship and keep them up - although Poyet would build them a fantastic team there's no garantee he would be able to do so in time. I can see it being more of an Allardyce figure (although not sure if WBA would enjoy his brand of football).

Doesn't Di Matteo have a similar philosophy to Gus? Can't see that they'd be interested and I doubt Gus would be either at the moment. We could well be in the same division next year and Gus already has everything in place here. Why would he want to go and start again under those circumstances?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Doesn't Di Matteo have a similar philosophy to Gus? Can't see that they'd be interested and I doubt Gus would be either at the moment. We could well be in the same division next year and Gus already has everything in place here. Why would he want to go and start again under those circumstances?

I just think people can be a little blinkered on here and not realise that almost everyone in football will move clubs for more money and higher status. Even if in the long run we might think Poyet is better off staying at Brighton, it doesn't mean he would want to turn down an offer of managing in the Premiership.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
The second Albion deserve relegation. A yo-yo club who had a manager with a vision to play attractive football. Hell to them and I hope they get what they deserve, relegation!
Pathetic, doesn't even get near an adequate description of their Board's incompetence and shortsightedness.

TNBA

TTF

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I just think people can be a little blinkered on here and not realise that almost everyone in football will move clubs for more money and higher status. Even if in the long run we might think Poyet is better off staying at Brighton, it doesn't mean he would want to turn down an offer of managing in the Premiership.

Why take the premiership for a few months when you could wait, actually achieve something, then go on and make a move to the premiership later on, if, he doesnt get it with us.

I really dont get why he would jump ship to any of the teams who could get relegated, JUST to manage in the premiership now.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Like another Albion for example.

No he means either one of the top 6 Prem Clubs, possibly top 4 and of course the 2 other GIANTS SCC and Norwich...

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Abuse? What abuse? You saw ONE comment on 606 (which anyone can add a comment to) which was from a non-source and nothing else. Based on this - and nothing else, because there isnothing else, not even in the bookies odds, you start a thread called "WBA in for Gus". This is a bullshit and inflamatory title. I didn't abuse you but I was annoyed by your thread title and asked you to amend it - but I see you haven't bothered.

Ridiculous thread title, unnecessary and misleading. But feel free to interpet that as abuse and take it personally. You fool (that is ABUSE).

Not 606 as I don't read that, copied on to live match text (where I follow the games when I'm pretending to work), where a fan has stated, (ok fan, what do we know) that his lot were in for Gus; or words to that effect. Keep yer wig on, calm down. He aint going anywhere until he's seen this "project" through I reckon. Now have a cup of tea. If you're going to get so wound up every time Gus gets linked with another club, then you'll be in Sussex County soon.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
reckon Di Matteo would fancy doing abit of coaching down here until he gets another job?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I think they'll get a more experienced manager, surely Gus is too similar to di matteo.

is the correct answer so THIS

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
reckon Di Matteo would fancy doing abit of coaching down here until he gets another job?

I'm liking the sound of that, but no way he'd step down from being a No.1, just like Gus wouldn't.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Hmmm sack his mate when in reality he was doing an alright job. Transfer window closed so stuck with the same players and has often gone on record saying he would only accept something out of this world (big fight against relegation is not out of this world is it?).

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
probably been mentioned but cant be arsed to read the thread, Sky Sports News last night had Gus at 16/1 and bottom of about 6 or 7 names last night.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Not 606 as I don't read that, copied on to live match text (where I follow the games when I'm pretending to work), where a fan has stated, (ok fan, what do we know) that his lot were in for Gus; or words to that effect. Keep yer wig on, calm down. He aint going anywhere until he's seen this "project" through I reckon. Now have a cup of tea. If you're going to get so wound up every time Gus gets linked with another club, then you'll be in Sussex County soon.

That's my point Smudge - Gus has not been linked to another club - only in your thread title. Move on now.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008

Yes he does. I feel now that everytime a manager is sacked from a team above us that Gus is going to be linked to them. Well on NSC anyway! Appointing Gus would be replacing like for like at West Brom where if the chairman isn't happy with the way things are going then surely he wouldn't have sacked Di Matteo in the first place. I am expecting a Sam Allardyce type of appointment to try to get West Brom out of trouble (whether they will or not I somewhat doubt). I am certain in their position they would be looking for a manager with Premiership experience too.

I have always wondered if Gus ever went who would be able to replace him and with the way that Di Matteo's teams play he would be a good shout.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here