Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wayne Rooney’s Plymouth

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
But this is exactly what sets managers apart, the ability to know and understand your players and communicate your ideas and your tactics to them. If he has players who cant do certain things, then it's futile to ask them to do so. The manager should be the best judge of this.
The similarity with Glenn Hoddle springs to mind. He was okay as England coach because he was dealing with elite players who could do what he expected of them. At clubs such as Wolves and Southampton (and even Tottenham) he got frustrated with players of lesser ability and annoyed many of them by showing off his own skills. It seemed to work at Swindon but maybe he was more realistic about what players of that level could and couldn't do ...

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
I watched the game and I think Sheffield Wednesday are an excellent team and really going somewhere. They finished last season brilliantly, have strengthened well and Plymouth at Hillsbrough is the ideal start for them. Plymouth have been absolutely rubbish away from home for the last year, so it's no surprise they got rolled over but there are bad signs I think. Rooney's interview afterwards was pretty poor and suggests he's not learnt anything after his failings at Birmingham. I don't think the players are going to respond to his comments particularly well and they didn't really seem to have any clear plan or intention on how they were going to positively impact the game.

Sheffield Wednesday were never challenged during the game but it's Plymouth's home form which will be important for them. If they lose a few home games early on, I think he'll be toast by the second international break. He probably needs a lot more time than any club is willing to give and Plymouth are pretty desperate to stay in the Championship for a few years before potentially being able to build toward a Premier League push. They'll need a better manager in though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Plymouth can’t even print their shirts correctly. Both of these names are misspelt.

55242C06-404D-43CF-9E69-5055DB18402D.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here