Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I suspect he’d be much better at eating pies than being a coach or manager
I object to this being seen as a negative on the grounds I would too

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Too early to tell how that will work out.

Sheffield W are likely to be promotion candidates though, they've built themselves a good team.
They're massive you know?
And and their song says, they are on their way back

(doesn't say when, or where to)

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
I like Wayne Rooney. He seems honest and humble. Unlike Lampard and Gerrard he doesn’t seem to expect to be handed top jobs just because he was a great player. I’d like him to succeed though that looks unlikely at this point.
Agree. You will never see Lampard go back for a Championship job now. He’d rather wait 5 years if he has to and worm his way into a Premier League / international job. I like that Rooney wants to build himself up and doesn’t seem to make it all about him either. But either he is awful at choosing clubs or has terrible advisors. Taking that Birmingham job was totally stupid after the previous manager and with the first 6 games all being against top 8 clubs. His stained his reputation since then, as he did a really good job at Derby.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Agree. You will never see Lampard go back for a Championship job now. He’d rather wait 5 years if he has to and worm his way into a Premier League / international job. I like that Rooney wants to build himself up and doesn’t seem to make it all about him either. But either he is awful at choosing clubs or has terrible advisors. Taking that Birmingham job was totally stupid after the previous manager and with the first 6 games all being against top 8 clubs. His stained his reputation since then, as he did a really good job at Derby.
I don't tend to agree with the lumping together of Lampard and Gerrard - Gerrard started with an OK career at Rangers, but came up against a brick wall at Villa. Probably pumping up the bank balance in Saudi, but I think could well come back and try again here in the Championship, or more likely and probably better in League1, and attempt to build his way back up.
Lampard? - no, I'm not so sure he would.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
If this was a mid PL side against a National League side it would still be pretty embarrassing, let alone two sides that finished with two points between them in the same league last season.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240811_224843_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240811_224843_Chrome.jpg
    389.8 KB · Views: 60

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Plymouth have made a "Zola" appointment, circa Birmingham - you'd THINK they'd have learned from that, twice over, but no. Big name, legendary player, useless manager. The PAFC board got all starry-eyed. Its a shame, as it took them a long time to get back from the noddy leagues, and now they've likely gone and thrown it down the pan. I hope I'm wrong though. It has been known.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I wish Gary Lineker had asked Rooney on the BBC when he was part of the Euro 2024 summarising team if he was looking at property in Devon.
I'm not saying he's stupid but he'll probably end up buying a house in Argyll, Scotland.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I don't mind Rooney. He seems like one of those old school players who just loves football. He might not be a great manager or he might just be choosing terrible jobs but he just seems to want to be involved at any level.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him rock up at the equivalent of Lewes or Bognor in a few years time. He clearly doesn't need to do it, he just loves it.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
They're massive you know?
And and their song says, they are on their way back

(doesn't say when, or where to)
Well either which way they're likely to be back before football is coming home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here