Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Rooney: Genius footballer or just another highly paid big time Charlie

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Up until about a month ago I thought Rooney was the bollox. Now I'm not so sure. Has he become just another over paid over hyped football scumbag or does he still have the passion?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
twat

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Wayne Rooney :bowdown:

World-class footballer, having a bad time right now. He's a brilliant player, don't forget how he carried Man Utd last season. He's not produced the same form in the England team yet, but come on. The England team has barely been a TEAM for years. Man Utd are a team, England are a collection of names. Rooney would do a lot better with some lesser names around him in the England side.

The Rooney for Man Utd is amazing and one of the best players this country has produced in decades.
The Rooney for England is still lacking an understanding of how the team is supposed to work.

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
Lacks any kind of drive outside Manchester I'd say. He's decent in premier league, but when it comes to England and euro/world cup's he just doesn't have it in him. Either can't perform or just doesn't give a damn about his national team.

Also I do have to agree, he is a complete twat.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
:lolol:

LOL at the people calling him a twat/**** etc.

2 months ago he was a hero in waiting.

5 poor matches and suddenly...

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham

5 poor matches in the WORLD CUP the biggest tournament on earth. If you can't raise yourself for that then you may aswell just retire to your second home in Barbados

Seagulls4life

Jul 30, 2010
Brighton
Brilliant for United
Average for England but i think he can find the same form when he puts on the england shirt he just needs the service he gets at united

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Brilliant for United
Average for England but i think he can find the same form when he puts on the england shirt he just needs the service he gets at united

Does help that he looks brilliant against Hull, Wigan, Stoke, Burnley, Blackburn etc yet comes up against top quality International defenders and does next to nothing. Can't really remember him having a stunning game for United in the Champions League but I maybe wrong on that. Feel free to correct me.

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
Does help that he looks brilliant against Hull, Wigan, Stoke, Burnley, Blackburn etc yet comes up against top quality International defenders and does next to nothing. Can't really remember him having a stunning game for United in the Champions League but I maybe wrong on that. Feel free to correct me.

I don't think I have either. I'm not 100% sure I've seen him play a decent game even against teams like Chelsea and Arsenal when they're at their best.

Seagulls4life

Jul 30, 2010
Brighton

Oh i may have been wrong, but to be honest i don't remember many united games i've seen :laugh: i do remember him dominating the Arsenal defence but they aren't exactly solid. But the amount of goals he's scored for united is great compared to his england record. Personally i like him in an england shirt but when he's in a united shirt all i can say is :wanker:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

So you don't think shouting abuse at the camera after playing shit and drawing with Algeria about how bad the fans that have travelled to South Africa and spend thousands of pounds are is the behaviour of a twat? Then sarcastically clapping them yesterday? And losing the plot and stamping on Carvalho's nuts in 2006? And spouting off at the ref like a gobby teenager every week?
You sir, are a moron.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Comes across fairly well off the pitch in interviews etc (possibly not when spotted out pissed by tabloid newspapers) but most definitely a bit of a twat on it. Fair few red cards in his career, outburst after Algeria game, general moaning at ref. He had a very good season last time out but on the whole he hasn't lived up to the early hype.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
World-class footballer

Is he? It's easy to throw labels like that around, but save for a promising Euro 2004, what's he actually done at the highest level to justify that kind of hype? He scores goals for United, but so did Andy Cole. Obviously he's got ability, but the best have the mental toughness to produce under pressure, which he seems incapable of doing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here