Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Henderson

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
10 Pages.

I actually liked Henderson but I hope he's had the soft parrying of balls coached out of him, as he did give away far too many goals doing this.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
If he is the same player that he was at the Albion, then Henderson must have a fantastic agent or Boro are building a side for the Conferencee He took the same view of crosses as dracula, and he had a habit of pushing a soft shot into play for a soft rebound instead of away from goal. He was dreadful, but he had a PR machine second to none, telling everyone that he was fantastic. Kuipers however just continued pulling off saves and kept his mouth shut. Unless he has improved ten fold then boro must be on hard times

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
I laughed nearly as much at this as I did the Primark article. "Staff brand customers fat, pikey t**ts." Which seems a fairly honest assesment. NOTW has gone up in my ratings! Excellent investigative journalism.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I have always had a mixed opinion rearding Henderson. He clearly made some monumental f***-ups, but nevertheless he had some sort of talent. As Icy Gull said, with a bit of decent coaching he may turn out good. Still, it sounds to me like Middlesborough are taking a bit of a gamble. They have seen a kepper that has been out injured for 2 years, but who used to be 2nd choice for republic of Ireland. As with any gamble, they could do very well or they could be wasting their time.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Hendo will be okay provided he's stopped diving over the ball and parrying shots back to strikers. I'd be more worried about the two years out with a back injury if I was a Boro supporter.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
To say 'with a bit of coaching' he could be a good goalkeeper is a bit of a slur on all the goalkeeping coaches he has previously worked under. Perhaps his own inflated opinion of himself does not allow him to listening to lesser mortals trying to tell him how to do his job better, regardless of their own lengthy career between the sticks.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
One of the worst keepers ever to have played for the Albion imho...Not THE worst but certainly in my top 5

Utter rubbish.

Petterson, Rust, Walton, Packham, Ormerod, Shabaan, Yelldell, Chaigneau ...

That's just in the last ten years or so, and you reckon at least four of those are better than Henderson? That's without arguing whether Kuipers is/was worse ...

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Welcome back Mr Toad.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Utter rubbish.

That's just in the last ten years or so, and you reckon at least four of those are better than Henderson? That's without arguing whether Kuipers is/was worse ...

O Mark Walton, How I forgot about him.

25k wasnt he?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The need to go to extremes about Henderson, is not one I share - but he was not the best or worst keeper out there. Still, not good enough for us or to challenge Kuipers for his place imo.

Agreed.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Utter rubbish.

What about Stuart Jones, that one he signed from Weymouth or somewhere in 2003/04, he was bloody awful.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

The need to go to extremes about Henderson, is not one I share - but he was not the best or worst keeper out there. Still, not good enough for us or to challenge Kuipers for his place imo.

Quite right, he wasn't, by a very long way, the best keeper we have had and probably not the worst. However, we signed him to be our No.1 keeper and plainly he wasn't, something a lot of fans saw even when we had him on loan. His only advantage over Kuipers was that he could kick the ball to the other keeper. A massive advantage which we regularly capitalised on, not.

He opened his mouth which put him on the pedastal to be shot at and, equally, his weak parrying of shots cost us a lot of points.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Utter rubbish.

As I say, it's MY opinion...I never asked anyone to agree with it.:wozza:

I certainly think that Rust & Ormerod were far better keepers because of the circumstances we were in at the time.

Walton wasn't that bad and he never made many mistakes just poor positioning alot of the time.

You can't even compare the likes of Shabaan or Yeldell as they never had the same amount of games as Henderson did.

I do agree with you about Petterson & Chaigneau though they WERE both trully awful.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He made mistake after mistake for us, but... fair play, he was young... you never know, he may have got better... good luck to him... he surely wouldn't be Boro's first choice, unless they are planning on a 2nd relegation in 2 seasons! :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here