Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Henderson

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Rust was the worst keeper I've ever seen in an Albion kit..by some margin, to suggest he was better than Henderson is laughable.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Middlesboro must want to consolidate.:)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Both were very poor in very poor teams and neither was anywhere near as good as Henderson.

Nicky Rust. :lolol:

Mark Ormerod is an absolute genius of a keeper, I hated Michel when he was signed and took Ormerod's #1. Funny how things have turned out.

I don't rate Henderson at all, but I hope he goes there and he does well, he had a really tough time with everything here. I've nothing against the man at all, good luck at Middlesbrough.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Good luck to him!
I think Hendo is a very good keeper, but unfortunately, he is prone to making the odd mistake! Although i rate him highly, i am not sure whether he is good enough to be their first choice keeper, especially if they are planning to challenge for promotion, which they obviously are.
I still think it is a shame that we let him go, but now with kuipers and Smith it doesn't look like we need him. Anyway, lets see how he does and good luck to him

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Too many mistakes, too many shots parried for onrushing defenders to put into their own goal.

As for rust, he actually started very well and was on the verge of an England under 21 call up but another keeper was chosen (can't remember who) and his career nose-dived from then.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No surprise really. He's a quality keeper. Shame some Brighton fans couldn't see it.

Shame you can't see that Kuipers has been an excellent servant to OUR club, and Hendo was a fcuking liability when he was here...

What level did you coach at?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
How short people's memories are. Rust played quite a few games for the club and in his first spell as first choice did very well which was why he was called up for England. Unfortunately he was a confidence keepers and at that time we weren't the best club for young keepers with a conifdence issue. He had bags of ability just not the right temperament but to put him in the same bag as Petterson et al is to forget how good he was for us when he first broke into the team.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I thought Henderson was a very good keeper indeed but he had one disastrous fault as already mentioned, that he would parry the ball back into the danger zone rather than use strong wrists or fists to get it clear. It cost us and for some unfathomable reason it wasn't coached out of him while he was here. However time moves on and we learn. He may well have resolved this issue by now and if he has he will be good enough to challenge at a higher level than us.

Whilst the treatment he got from some fans was understandable I do think it was over the top...he wasn't the only one at fault in a poor defence.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Whilst the treatment he got from some fans was understandable I do think it was over the top...

This, for me, rings true too.

Hendo made some big f***-ups but never deserved the vitrol that was spouted at him. The New-year's day game at Bournemouth was the one and only time I have been ashamed to be a Brighton fan.

I still to this day am convinced that Henderson never deliberately slipped over in the appaling condiditions, some people acted as if he deliberately let in that goal.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
How do people still give a toss about Wayne Henderson? :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here