Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Henderson update

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Villa keeping all options open Jan 4 2006

By Ged Scott

Thomas Sorensen's state of health holds the key to Championship strugglers Brighton succeeding with their bid to sign young Aston Villa goalkeeper Wayne Henderson in the January transfer window.

The former FA Youth Cup winner spent three months with Mark McGhee's Seagulls in the autumn and, although he had to return to Villa Park at the end of the loan period, initial negotiations were undertaken with a view to making the move permanent once the window was open again.

The two sides are yet to agree a price, but a complication has now set in following Sorensen's withdrawal from Villa's team at West Bromwich Albion on Monday.

Sorensen's absence, due to a virus, earned Stuart Taylor only his second start of the season, with Henderson thrust into duty for the first time on the bench. O'Leary will now not consider letting the young Irishman leave the club, at least until Sorensen is back in action.

"There is nothing doing at present and certainly not until Thomas Sorensen is well again," said a Villa source last night.

A further complication is that Villa already have another of their four goal-keepers, Stefan Postma, on loan at Wolverhampton Wanderers, where he has taken over as first-choice from another Villa old boy, Michael Oakes.

Postma's loan is due to expire after Wolves' trip to Millwall on January 21 and if Wolves fail to make any further progress in their attempt to sign him permanently, forcing his return to Villa, that could open the door to Henderson's departure.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
lets hope its not a bad virus !!

To be fair, although I havent seen Kuipers since injury, i think we need to look to the future, and with Kuipers having such a bad injury, we need to plan forward a bit, however i am fully away we have greater needs, getting Henderson would be nice, and defo 'one for the future'

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
FFS... another fcuking delay... :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
BensGrandad said:
Todays press saya that Blaney is going to either Oldham or Doncaster who are both interested.

Yeah, but they only want 50k for him, im sure we could step in with a bid before he goes elsewhere.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:
Yeah, but they only want 50k for him, im sure we could step in with a bid before he goes elsewhere.

Or we could hang on a bit longer and get neither :(

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
DAMANCLAY said:

Here you go

You are now MM

What would you do.........hang on for Henderson( not even having agreed a fee yet) until Sorensen gets better, or take a punt on signing Blayney for £50k+ with the scenario that Henderson may come on the market later on....which by then it would be too late anyway.

Or, look at what we have, Flo and Kuips and think well Flo did well at Sothampton...looked assured apart from dropping the ball twice!!!!!! ( only twice mind) and made three cracking saves to keep us in the game at that point. His kicking was good and distribution first class......

Now what do you do?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Flo is only on a season loan, and if he is good and a prospect then I expect Rennes would like to keep hold of him, unless the price is right.

It is difficult. Either Blayney or Henderson would be great assets and a snip at their prices and it would be foolish to miss out on either of them.

I don't know why I answered this as I have no idea how I would play it.

Seems a big risk ignoring Blayney. Perhaps we can get Henderson and then loan him to Villa for a month.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
dave the gaffer said:
Here you go

You are now MM

What would you do.........hang on for Henderson( not even having agreed a fee yet) until Sorensen gets better, or take a punt on signing Blayney for £50k+ with the scenario that Henderson may come on the market later on....which by then it would be too late anyway.

Or, look at what we have, Flo and Kuips and think well Flo did well at Sothampton...looked assured apart from dropping the ball twice!!!!!! ( only twice mind) and made three cracking saves to keep us in the game at that point. His kicking was good and distribution first class......

Now what do you do?

Yes, dropping the ball ONLY twice in one game... that really inspires confidence in Flo's ability to perform his duties as a keeper... the defence must be brimming with confidence in him... FDM a far better goalie, but injury-prone... we MUST sign one of Blayney or Henderson or we are likely to be in big trouble at some point later this season...

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
B.W. said:
Yes, dropping the ball ONLY twice in one game... that really inspires confidence in Flo's ability to perform his duties as a keeper... the defence must be brimming with confidence in him... FDM a far better goalie, but injury-prone... we MUST sign one of Blayney or Henderson or we are likely to be in big trouble at some point later this season...

Yes twice....twice in 90 minutes+

i was very impressed with him and would have no problem with him carrying on on goal.

In you opinion, he is a far better goalie...but based on what...FDM cant kick......Flo is a very good kicker. FDM is a shot stopper....so is Flo. FDM is not the safest of hands , Flo on his one occaion looks safer......

IMHO I do not think the goalkeeping position is as vital as people are making out...but hey what do i know...I have only been watching Albion for 30odd years ( puts a Steve Smith smilie here to make me look smug:lolol: )

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I would hold on for Hendo. No matter what he WILL leave Villa some time soon, he's not happy there. Even if it means waiting until the end of the season I would wait for him and play Kuipers in the meanwhile. He's 22 and a great all round keeper and if we can get him for 50k ish then we should our best to do so.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Buck said:
It is so much easier when we are presented with a well edited video and a list of stats taken off Football Manager 2005....

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I would hold on for Hendo. No matter what he WILL leave Villa some time soon, he's not happy there. Even if it means waiting until the end of the season I would wait for him and play Kuipers in the meanwhile. He's 22 and a great all round keeper and if we can get him for 50k ish then we should our best to do so.

agreed - flo and kuipers can keep the gloves warmed until the man arrives in the summer, if it takes that long

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here