Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Henderson update

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Henderson is QUALITY, he's said he wants to come here and 30k is a real snip. I'd wait for him, we've got two keepers at the moment so we're in no rush

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Withdean Wanderer said:
Henderson is QUALITY, he's said he wants to come here and 30k is a real snip. I'd wait for him, we've got two keepers at the moment so we're in no rush

Agreed.

1066gull

Apart from I am eager to see him play, get his autograph and recieve some tips from him.:bounce:

(Pity I have fragile wrists, done them twice in less than a year)

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
1066Seagull said:

No prizes for guessing how..............now leave it alone.....:lolol:

Last edited:

dave the gaffer said:
IMHO I do not think the goalkeeping position is as vital as people are making out...but hey what do i know...I have only been watching Albion for 30odd years
... and you do know a bit about these things ...

dscn00395xp.jpg

dave the gaffer said:
( puts a Steve Smith smilie here to make me look smug:lolol: )
Smug doesn't suit you.

:lolol: :lolol:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
MYOB said:
Remember, we've gone through this joke already and he actually doeesn't have a clue what we meant :jester:
The nuts have got to drop one day...........:lolol:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
1066Seagull said:
Apart from I am eager to see him play, get his autograph and recieve some tips from him.:bounce:

The ONLY tips that keepers give are FINGER-TIPS

dave the gaffer said:
Here you go

You are now MM

What would you do.........hang on for Henderson( not even having agreed a fee yet) until Sorensen gets better, or take a punt on signing Blayney for £50k+ with the scenario that Henderson may come on the market later on....which by then it would be too late anyway.

Or, look at what we have, Flo and Kuips and think well Flo did well at Sothampton...looked assured apart from dropping the ball twice!!!!!! ( only twice mind) and made three cracking saves to keep us in the game at that point. His kicking was good and distribution first class......

Now what do you do?
I would have gone for Blayney originally. 50k is still a good price for him.

Lord Bracknell said:
... and you do know a bit about these things ...

dscn00395xp.jpg

Smug doesn't suit you.

:lolol: :lolol:

Great pic, but it will never beat this one :thumbsup:

four-poofs-and-a-piano-2004-september.jpg

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
It gets easier to sign players when you have more than £30k and a free evening out at the Coral stadium to bid with!

Hendersen or nothing for me - how can anyone say Flo is any good after one performance I don't know. Only McGuee has any idea if he's up to the job at this stage because he's the only one who's seen him play more than once. Remember a certain Mr Kuipers debut at Southend was so inspiring that Micky subbed him at half time. Nobody but Micky could tell he was to become the legend he is.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Micky was never impressed with FDM if you ever mentioned any of his saves his stock answer was ' thats what I pay him for'.

I would go for Blaney as I believe that he holds the ball better than Henderson who tends to parry it or push it away more but then that is a personal choice.

But then again I would sooner sort out the back four and midfield before any goalkeeper.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
portlock seagull said:
It gets easier to sign players when you have more than £30k and a free evening out at the Coral stadium to bid with!

Hendersen or nothing for me - how can anyone say Flo is any good after one performance I don't know. Only McGuee has any idea if he's up to the job at this stage because he's the only one who's seen him play more than once. Remember a certain Mr Kuipers debut at Southend was so inspiring that Micky subbed him at half time. Nobody but Micky could tell he was to become the legend he is.

I've seen him play more than once. I didn't go to Shrewsbury where I believe he did ok until the extra time.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Ok, concede Yorkie, 2 appearances......:)

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
portlock seagull said:
Only McGuee has any idea if he's up to the job at this stage because he's the only one who's seen him play more than once.
I've seen him play more than once..........:p

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
portlock seagull said:
Ok, concede Yorkie, 2 appearances......:)

As Bakesy was hinting at, we've been to Woodside Rd and watched the reserve games. MM goes to every one and watches the players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here