Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Gray to Brighton?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I remember him as being quick with not too much ball control or composure in front of goal. 4 years on, is he any better?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, very quick... think he could have gone into athletics as a sprinter, if my memory serves me correctly... however, I remember him being pretty average on loan... not many games for us then tho' and he may well have improved... sign him up!... :)

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Has this story appeared in the Argus yet? Only a matter of time before someone reads NSC and takes it as gospel.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
I really cannot believe we ha e been linked with a player i MAY! Hope we sign him though and why would he want to join Oldham over us anyway?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Adriodinho said:
It so nearly happened in the Prem,

Are you sure about that? What year are you talking about?

Last season, Sunderland, Wigan and West Ham went up, only one has come back down, the other two having had rather good seasons.

Hockley Blues

Feb 3, 2005
Southend
Icy Gull said:
I remember him as being quick with not too much ball control or composure in front of goal. 4 years on, is he any better?
He's certainly very quick, and to be honest his ball control aint too bad. For example, twice this season he came on as a second half sub, and scored with his first touch of the match (Swindon and Rotherham).

He hasn't scored loads for this season, but thats mainly because we brought him on in the last 30 mins of a match - his pace is perfect against a tired defence. However, my only gripe with him is that he can be a little lazy, and needs competition to keep him on his toes. If you can get another striker to really push him for a first team place, you've got a very good striker on your hands.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Hope his a southern lad.We might stand a chance of getting him over teams like Oldham

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He came through the ranks at Wimbledon so I'm sure he is. And has also played for us, Southend, and Orient, only northern club he's played for was on loan at Port Vale.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Silent Bob said:
"We're obviously looking to bring in some forwards and he's perhaps thinking it might be better for him to see what else is on offer."
. [/B]

Well whatever is on offer from us is likely to be considerably less than he'll get elsewhere or do you reckon we can compete on wages in this division??

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We could do worse.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Icy Gull said:
Well whatever is on offer from us is likely to be considerably less than he'll get elsewhere or do you reckon we can compete on wages in this division??

Yes, I'm sure we CAN...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Icy Gull said:
Absolutely, especially since it's Southend that are releasing him.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
_wilka_ said:
To put this one to bed he signed for Yeovil

Oh well no great lose really!

Well, I think that is a (minor) disapointment... he could have "done a job"... :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here