Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Gray to Brighton?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
In order to view articles you will need to register with the Official site.
I'm already registered for the official website
I'm not currently registered for the official website

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
LACTICS IN CHASE FOR GRAY SIGNATURE

0,,10444~2919257,00.jpg

OLDHAM : Athletic are thought to be interested in Gray

OLDHAM Athletic boss Ronnie Moore has confirmed he is in the chase to sign Southend United's Wayne Gray.

The Blues forward had been offered a new deal at Roots Hall following United's promotion to the Championship.

However, Gray has turned down that offer to be apart Steve Tilson's side next season and is thought to be attracting interest from a number Football League sides including Brighton and Hove Albion.

0,,10444~2919259,00.jpg

Ronnie Moore: Gray is Oldham target

Tilson told southendunited.co.uk: "We put an offer on the table to Wayne but he has decided to look elsewhere which is his decision.

"We're obviously looking to bring in some forwards and he's perhaps thinking it might be better for him to see what else is on offer."

Gray netted nine times as Southend won promotion from League One last season and is believed to have attracted interest from a number of clubs.

However, Moore, manager of the League One side, has now confirmed to the Oldham Chronicle that The Latics are one of "Six or seven" clubs hoping to snare Gray on a free transfer.

Hockley Blues

Feb 3, 2005
Southend
For those not registered:

LACTICS IN CHASE FOR GRAY SIGNATURE

0,,10444~2919257,00.jpg

OLDHAM : Athletic are thought to be interested in Gray

OLDHAM Athletic boss Ronnie Moore has confirmed he is in the chase to sign Southend United's Wayne Gray.

The Blues forward had been offered a new deal at Roots Hall following United's promotion to the Championship.

However, Gray has turned down that offer to be apart Steve Tilson's side next season and is thought to be attracting interest from a number Football League sides including Brighton and Hove Albion.

Tilson told southendunited.co.uk: "We put an offer on the table to Wayne but he has decided to look elsewhere which is his decision.

"We're obviously looking to bring in some forwards and he's perhaps thinking it might be better for him to see what else is on offer."

Gray netted nine times as Southend won promotion from League One last season and is believed to have attracted interest from a number of clubs.

However, Moore, manager of the League One side, has now confirmed to the Oldham Chronicle that The Latics are one of "Six or seven" clubs hoping to snare Gray on a free transfer.

1066gull

would like to see him down her, looks the type mcghee is looking for

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
SUNSHINE ON A WAYNEY GRAY!!!!!!

hmmm not sure i'd take him back but he did the business for us last time when we were Zamoraless against Colchester(?) apart from that he was very quiet

remember him getting booed badly when he came back to Withdean with Wimbledon if memory serves correctly though.

probably give a miss.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
samparish said:
Hmm, wonder if this in any way relates to the rumours a week or so ago about CKR wanting to go to Southend?
Can't imagine it would as Gray's out of contract.

1066gull

sir danny cullip said:
On his debut vs colchester there was a couple of blokes shouting racist abuse at him if memory serves me correctly. Shocking behaviour :nono:
Those people are not supporters or this club, if true.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
samparish said:
Hmm, wonder if this in any way relates to the rumours a week or so ago about CKR wanting to go to Southend?

No, Gray does not have a contract CKR does so i dont think so.

Hockley Blues

Feb 3, 2005
Southend
I'd be sad to see him leave us, not so much because he's a good striker, but mainly because we've already lost 6 players this close season, got no one in as of yet, and i'm BRICKING IT...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here