Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Bridge...

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Mattock par for the course for Championship, Bridge best left back by a country mile to the nearest contender, can't think of anyone I saw even remotely as good as him last year.

Hope whoever plays there next year won't be criticised for not being Wayne Bridge.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Think people who are saying this is down to no manager are missing out on the cash Reading have to wave around.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Mattock par for the course for Championship, Bridge best left back by a country mile to the nearest contender, can't think of anyone I saw even remotely as good as him last year.

Hope whoever plays there next year won't be criticised for not being Wayne Bridge.

Pretty big boots to fill......

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
What is more worrying than Wayne Bridge leaving, which is a blow on its own, is that Wayne was an outspoken supporter of Gus. Which would suggest that he knows Gus is leaving, as most of our players will also know.
And knowing that, and knowing how long this is taking to sort out manager wise, will surely have some of our more desirable players looking elsewhere. I am starting to lose faith.
But he was not one of our players. We only have two players out of contract. Bridge will have gone to Reading for the money, just as you or I would have done.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
grant hall looked very assured at LB season before last for a few games, he would be perfect. Oh, yes, I remember, he was part of our development squad, there to fulfil future gaps by developing home grown talent.........

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I'm gutted. He was a joy to watch in every game he played. A top professional, despite some concerns he had before he came about his motivation. I'm sure he'll do well for them and, when Reading come to the Amex, I'm sure he'll get a big cheer when his name is read out

this

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Seriously bad news. Hope it's not going to be followed by any more.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Genuinely really gutted and upset about that. I loved watching him playing for us this season, one of the best players in the division, top pro and nice guy. I seem to have become quite attached to him as a player considering he was only a loanee, its going to hurt watching him play against us for a nothing club like Reading.

We could really do with some good news soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here