Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
ManOnTheRun said:
Who said he had no ambition? Surely Falmer is all about ambition...

He just doesn't have millions of pounds to invest or access to a world famous Musician who is prepared to give his time for free to top up the transfer kitty.

Are you confusing ambition with dreams.

triptolemus

Oct 7, 2003
ManOnTheRun said:
Who said he had no ambition? Surely Falmer is all about ambition...

He just doesn't have millions of pounds to invest or access to a world famous Musician who is prepared to give his time for free to top up the transfer kitty.

As I pointed out earlier in this thread, EJ is not regularly topping up Watford. For example, when the club was on the brink of bankruptcy three years ago, he did not step in and rescue it. The players accepted a deal whereby 12.5% of their wages were deferred. This money has now been restored, I think. The club also had to sell Paul Robinson to West Brom to shore up the financial position. And they are still trading at a loss, albeit a substantially reduced loss. The club isn't Elton's hobby any more, not to anything like the extent it was during the Graham Taylor years.

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
triptolemus said:
As I pointed out earlier in this thread, EJ is not regularly topping up Watford. For example, when the club was on the brink of bankruptcy three years ago, he did not step in and rescue it. The players accepted a deal whereby 12.5% of their wages were deferred. This money has now been restored, I think. The club also had to sell Paul Robinson to West Brom to shore up the financial position. And they are still trading at a loss, albeit a substantially reduced loss. The club isn't Elton's hobby any more, not to anything like the extent it was during the Graham Taylor years.

My response originally was to someone saying that Dick Knight has no ambition ...

I know that EJ isn 't pouring cash into Watford but it's nice that he can play 1 gig and 'Hey Presto' here's 3 million quid for the clubs coffers.

It's a bit of unique situation, so people having a go at Dick Knight for lacking ambition is a bit rich. What should he be doing? Hanging around outside The Ivy on a Saturday night trying to befreind 'Rock Stars'

'Hey Bono, The Cristal's on me ...'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here