Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
As Trigger and Rougvie have pointed out, it's Aidy Boothroyd and the players he has brought in.

Getting Marlon King scoring again is a BIG coup for him.
Even Darius Henderson has 8! :lolol:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Trigger said:
The only money Watford had to spend was that of the transfer of Helguson to Fulham, luckily they have a very good manager who spent it wisely.

500k for King

450k for Henderson

£150k for Spring

Spent wisely yes but still he HAD a considerable amount of money to SPEND.

You seriously think that given the same budget as Boothroyd McGhee wouldn't have been looking at these players or better?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
jonny.rainbow said:
500k for King

450k for Henderson

£150k for Spring

Spent wisely yes but still he HAD a considerable amount of money to SPEND.

You seriously think that given the same budget as Boothroyd McGhee wouldn't have been looking at these players or better?

No.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Trigger said:
£150k for Turienzo

I rest my case.

I dont often argee with your MM abuse but in this case i will make an exception. I cant believe we have spunked 150k on someone whos about as useful to us as sand in the desert.

tricky

Jul 7, 2003
Reigate
From chatting to watford fans it seems the manager is class and has brought in some troubled (carlisle)/ out of form (King) players and got them playing brilliantly.

They haven't really had any big injury problems and so its been a settled squad added to by some good loan signings.

The big difference is that with a decent ground and good attendance they can afford to pay the high wages of these players.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Trigger said:
£150k for Turienzo

I rest my case.

Spring is an excellent signing, a free scoring midefielder, great purchase for £150k.

However, was this the sort or player that anyone on here claimed we needed in the summer when he was available?

Assuming we could meet his wage demands and relocation costs of course, would it have been wise to splash out £150k on this player when our priorities were:

a left-back as cover for Mayo

a centre-back as cover for Hinsh

a left-winger and a right winger

a target man and a striker

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Friendly lot on there.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Lucky old Watford, they get crocodile rock, we get crocodile tears, mind you we used to have our very own rocket man.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Pikey said:
Marlon king and darius henderson best partnership in the championship.... Ex Gills players.
:D :D

During WWII it was a criminal offence to omit light from a door war or window during the hours of darkness, in case enemy planes above could utilise it to target the streets below.

A special local ammendment was added to the legislation in the town of Gillingham, where residents were also required to keep their fridge doors shut.

Little known fact that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
mcshane in the 79th said:
But this would only cost him an evening, he could take any money to cover costs and then leave us with the profits :clap2:

IMHO it is unrealistic to expect him to give any more money he has with a little help kept us afloat for the past 3 years.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
KinkyNormanBaker said:
Sorry, no.

A manager would not take the chairman buying a player under his nose (unless its graham rix)
So in other words, some do.

In the end, until we know the FACTS, it's hard to judge McGhee on the El Turi debacle. We simply don't know who brought him in.

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
bhafc4eva said:
Elton John gave them £3 million at the start of the season and said it had to all be spent on transfers. He raised the money from a concert at the ground. If only we had a chairman with the same ambitions. :nono:

Who said he had no ambition? Surely Falmer is all about ambition...

He just doesn't have millions of pounds to invest or access to a world famous Musician who is prepared to give his time for free to top up the transfer kitty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here